-   -   port opening and PATH modification in rpm spec file (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-packaging/347124-port-opening-path-modification-rpm-spec-file.html)

03-25-2010 09:26 PM

port opening and PATH modification in rpm spec file

Hi

Can you explain little bit more on what to write in script in
etc/profiles.d? I also want to update environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
how to do that.

This is my first time on linux in my whole life.

Thanks
Madhukar Gandra

-----Original Message-----
From: packaging-bounces@lists.fedoraproject.org
[mailto:packaging-bounces@lists.fedoraproject.org] On Behalf Of Manuel
Wolfshant
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 3:27 AM
To: Discussion of RPM packaging standards and practices for Fedora
Subject: Re: [Fedora-packaging] port opening and PATH modification in rpm
spec file

MGandra@diskeeper.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am new to rpm packaging and I want to do 2 things.
>
> 1. Modify the %PATH variable and add my "/usr/bin/Test folder" to it.
> This should be done from RPM while installing. It should exist until
> we uninstall.

add a script in /etc/profiles.d

> 2. Need to open a port so that our program can use it to send and
> receive data. This also should be done from RPM while installing.

Add a Readme.Fedora file to your package describing the reasoning and
the needs. There are a miriad of ways to manage a local firewall and as
sysadmin I would not be happy with a random package messing with my
firewall.

database 4969 (20100323) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 4975 (20100325) __________