FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Packaging

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-19-2010, 04:18 PM
 
Default packaging rpm

HI


Â*


I want to create an rpm package and all I have is the files.
I don’t have the source code. How do I modify the spec file to only
include the files. Do I have to modify the %files macro to include the files
from different folders.


Â*


Any help would be appreciated.


Â*


Thanks


Madhukar Gandra

Product Assembly In Charge



Diskeeper Corporation

7590 N. Glenoaks Blvd.

Burbank, CA 91504



818-771-1600 x1434

Mgandra@diskeeper.com



Innovators in Performance and Reliability Technologies®


Â*






__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4959 (20100319) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com



--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 
Old 03-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Jon Ciesla
 
Default packaging rpm

MGandra@diskeeper.com wrote:
>
> HI
>
> I want to create an rpm package and all I have is the files. I don’t
> have the source code. How do I modify the spec file to only include
> the files. Do I have to modify the %files macro to include the files
> from different folders.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> *Madhukar Gandra**
> */Product Assembly In Charge/
>
> *Diskeeper Corporation
> *7590 N. Glenoaks Blvd.
> Burbank, CA 91504
>
> 818-771-1600 x1434
> Mgandra@diskeeper.com
> <mailto:Mgandra@diskeeper.com>*
> Innovators in Performance and Reliability Technologies^® *
>
>
>
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
> signature database 4959 (20100319) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>
> http://www.eset.com
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> --
> packaging mailing list
> packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
If it's for inclusion in Fedora, you don't.

If it's not, you put the files in the buildroot in %install.

If you want /usr/bin, for example, you do something like

%install
install -m 755 foo %{buildroot}%{_bindir}/foo

%files
<snip>
%{_bindir}/foo


-J

--
in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love

-d. bowie

--
packaging mailing list
packaging@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/packaging
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:54 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org