Old 01-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Andrew Overholt

Default Proposal: Eclipse Plugins Guidelines

Hi,

Rob, Alphonse, and myself have written packaging guidelines for Eclipse
plugins. We'd like to propose them for FPC consideration. I'll be at
the meeting today (1700 UTC, right?) and I've added an item to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/GuidelinesTodo.

The guidelines are here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/EclipsePlugins

Thanks,

Andrew

Old 01-08-2008, 02:17 PM
"Tom "spot" Callaway"

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 09:02 -0500, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Rob, Alphonse, and myself have written packaging guidelines for Eclipse
> plugins. We'd like to propose them for FPC consideration. I'll be at
> the meeting today (1700 UTC, right?) and I've added an item to
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/GuidelinesTodo.
>
> The guidelines are here:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/EclipsePlugins

One item that jumped out at me:

In that draft, you refer to Packaging/Java, which doesn't exist, since
we've never had anyone submit Java packaging guidelines, and no one on
the Packaging Committee is qualified to write them.

~spot

Old 01-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Andrew Overholt

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

Rob, Alphonse, and myself have written packaging guidelines for Eclipse
plugins. We'd like to propose them for FPC consideration. I'll be at
the meeting today (1700 UTC, right?) and I've added an item to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/GuidelinesTodo.

The guidelines are here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/EclipsePlugins

One item that jumped out at me:

In that draft, you refer to Packaging/Java, which doesn't exist, since
we've never had anyone submit Java packaging guidelines, and no one on
the Packaging Committee is qualified to write them.

Yeah, I've been trying to drum up some interest to get those written. I
think something will happen this week.

I punted to them since it's not really the place of the Eclipse plugin
guidelines to specify gcj/IcedTea and related stuff.

Andrew