-   -   Help needed handling package move (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-packaging/312885-help-needed-handling-package-move.html)

Orion Poplawski 01-21-2010 05:23 PM

Help needed handling package move

I package the eclipse-photran feature. Currently this is at version
5.0.0. The Photran project has merged with the PTP project which I
currently am in the process of packaging.

I'm still splitting out the photran compenents with the package names
"eclipse-photran*" , but because PTP is at version 3.0.1, their versions
are now lower. The photran component is still considered to be at 5.0.0
(or 5.0.1).

Any suggestions on how to handle this would be appreciated.

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Rex Dieter 01-21-2010 05:26 PM

On 01/21/2010 12:23 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> I package the eclipse-photran feature. Currently this is at version
> 5.0.0. The Photran project has merged with the PTP project which I
> currently am in the process of packaging.
>
> I'm still splitting out the photran compenents with the package names
> "eclipse-photran*" , but because PTP is at version 3.0.1, their versions
> are now lower. The photran component is still considered to be at 5.0.0
> (or 5.0.1).

add an Epoch ?

-- Rex

Garrett Holmstrom 01-21-2010 05:38 PM

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Orion Poplawski <orion@cora.nwra.com> wrote:
> I package the eclipse-photran feature. *Currently this is at version
> 5.0.0. *The Photran project has merged with the PTP project which I
> currently am in the process of packaging.
>
> I'm still splitting out the photran compenents with the package names
> "eclipse-photran*" , but because PTP is at version 3.0.1, their versions
> are now lower. *The photran component is still considered to be at 5.0.0
> (or 5.0.1).
>
> Any suggestions on how to handle this would be appreciated.

Specify a version for the Photran subpackage?

--
Garrett Holmstrom

Orion Poplawski 01-21-2010 05:41 PM

On 01/21/2010 11:38 AM, Garrett Holmstrom wrote:

> Specify a version for the Photran subpackage?

Can that be done?

Garrett Holmstrom 01-21-2010 05:43 PM

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Orion Poplawski <orion@cora.nwra.com> wrote:
> On 01/21/2010 11:38 AM, Garrett Holmstrom wrote:
>>
>> Specify a version for the Photran subpackage?
>>

> Can that be done?

It certainly can in F12, at least.

--
Garrett Holmstrom

Paul Howarth 01-21-2010 07:31 PM

Help needed handling package move

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:41:33 -0700
Orion Poplawski <orion@cora.nwra.com> wrote:

> On 01/21/2010 11:38 AM, Garrett Holmstrom wrote:
> >
> > Specify a version for the Photran subpackage?
> >

> Can that be done?

Certainly. See the perl package for a multitude of examples where the
subpackages for individual perl modules have their own version numbers.

Paul.