Old 12-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Default Python Eggs addition: example%files

Hi all,

I've created a new section for the Python Eggs Guidelines with examples
of how to deal with the fact that Fedora 9 creates .egg-info for
distutils and Fedora < 9 does not. Comments appreciated, I'd like to
see these discussed and voted on for addition to Packaging/Python/Eggs
at Tuesday's meeting.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/PythonEggs

-Toshio

Old 12-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Jason L Tibbitts III

This looks to me. Frankly I don't think we should need to go through
the full bureaucratic process just to add some examples, because we
should be adding as many useful examples as we can. Perhaps they
shouldn't go into the main guidelines documents, though, as people
tend to think those documents are too long as it is.

- J<

Old 12-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Jesse Keating

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:53:01 -0800
Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created a new section for the Python Eggs Guidelines with
> examples of how to deal with the fact that Fedora 9 creates .egg-info
> for distutils and Fedora < 9 does not. Comments appreciated, I'd
> like to see these discussed and voted on for addition to
> Packaging/Python/Eggs at Tuesday's meeting.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/PythonEggs

Looks good to me, helpful for those packaging python.

--
Jesse Keating