Old 11-30-2007, 02:46 AM
"Markus McLaughlin"

Default Fedora 9 Names/Themes Ideas

The names that come to mind are Vulcan, Vader, HAL, Cyberdine (Terminator Reference,) Suomi (Linus Torvalds' Reference,) Hawking, and Fife (Don Knotts' Reference) for Fedora 9 or 10.
As far as a theme, a ST-TNG "LCARS" style desktop that has a similar look to those screens Data and Picard are always using on TNG. *Or a "Virtual Library" or "Virtual Cinema" theme.
Sometime this coming winter, I hope to have a FTP server set up with Fedora 8 or 9 "Everything" set available for anyone to download a component of Fedora!
I am still hoping to find amateur writers willing to review Linux Distributions for my Linux Blog.Happy Holidays from an ambitious Linux & Mac User/Aspiring Screenwriter in Hudson, MA....
Mark McLaughlinlinuxglobe.wordpress.com / marknetproductions.wordpress.com
Hudson, MA, USA

Old 11-30-2007, 02:53 AM
AJ

Vulcan is a nice name =)

--
"限界のない自由"

AJ

Old 11-30-2007, 04:02 AM
Sven von Brand

Markus McLaughlin wrote:
> The names that come to mind are Vulcan, Vader, HAL, Cyberdine (Terminator
> Reference,) Suomi (Linus Torvalds' Reference,) Hawking, and Fife (Don
> Knotts' Reference) for Fedora 9 or 10.

I find those way to hard for a distribution that's trying to gain field
in the Regular User, I think it should be softer. And also I don't see
those names coming along with the current naming standards...

> As far as a theme, a ST-TNG "LCARS" style desktop that has a similar look to
> those screens Data and Picard are always using on TNG. Or a "Virtual
> Library" or "Virtual Cinema" theme.

That sounds very interesting, when can we see a first draft ^^?

--
Sven von Brand Laredo
Estudiante de Ing. Civil Informatica, UTFSM

Old 11-30-2007, 05:31 AM
Nicu Buculei

Sven von Brand wrote:

Markus McLaughlin wrote:

As far as a theme, a ST-TNG "LCARS" style desktop that has a similar look to
those screens Data and Picard are always using on TNG. Or a "Virtual
Library" or "Virtual Cinema" theme.

That sounds very interesting, when can we see a first draft ^^?

Hopefully on the Art list
We started the process [1] a couple of days ago and are waiting for the
first round of concepts.

[1] - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F9Themes

Old 12-02-2007, 07:46 PM
"Kamisamanou Burgess"

Two questions:
What are the naming standards?
Where did "Werewolf" come from?

On Nov 30, 2007 12:31 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro
Sven von Brand wrote:
> Markus McLaughlin wrote:

>> As far as a theme, a ST-TNG "LCARS" style desktop that has a similar look to
>> those screens Data and Picard are always using on TNG. *Or a "Virtual
>> Library" or "Virtual Cinema" theme.

> That sounds very interesting, when can we see a first draft ^^?

Hopefully on the Art list
We started the process [1] a couple of days ago and are waiting for the
first round of concepts.

[1] - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F9Themes

--
nicu ::