-   -   Fedora Project Manages Test Day With Google+ (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-marketing/703808-fedora-project-manages-test-day-google.html)

Jiri Eischmann 09-14-2012 01:52 PM

Fedora Project Manages Test Day With Google+

Hi,
yesterday, I went across an article [1] that writes about how Fedora
uses Google+ to attract people to testing.

"It’s great to see the Fedora project leveraging emerging social media
like Google+ in order to gain valuable feedback from the community,
though this effort doesn’t seem to have garnered the sort of interest
the the project might have liked."

I restarted our G+ page just a few days ago and it's already drawn some
interest. The author says that 200 signed up for a test day is not a big
success, but just because he doesn't know the reality of test days where
average attendance is 10-15 ppl.

Those things really make a difference! I'd love to see someone to do the
same on Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, Diaspora,... because we can reach
much more people.

Jiri

[1]
http://www.thepowerbase.com/2012/09/fedora-project-manages-test-day-with-google/