-   -   Marketing of fedora weekly news (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-marketing/702297-marketing-fedora-weekly-news.html)

Arnav Kalra 09-10-2012 01:27 PM

Marketing of fedora weekly news

Hey guys,
Fedora weekly news is not very consistent at the moment. We have a news release one week and then no news for a long time.

I think we should improve either the marketing of fedora weekly news, make it easier for users to contribute or change the format to something more consistent.

A few weeks ago we had discussions regarding coordination in social networks and suggestions to improve fedora project, I feel that the news team can help us integrate all this by spreading the info.

Ubuntu*has an interesting format, they list all the top ideas and questions for the week and also mention blog posts which made news. We can try to add that in FWN along with howtos, interviews and some other interesting stuff.

What do you say?
Regards,
Arnav Kalra

Christopher Meng 09-11-2012 04:28 AM

Marketing of fedora weekly news

Well,what does Fedora Weekly News describe about? The things happened
in Fedora Community or by Fedora users?

--

*Yours sincerely,*
*Christopher Meng*

Ambassador/Contributor of Fedora Project and many others.
http://cicku.me

Arnav Kalra 09-11-2012 06:36 AM

Marketing of fedora weekly news

It should describe both. It should be the only thing people need to refer to in order to know about developments in the fedora community. Also it should contain educational material so that they get to know more about fedora.

I think we should change the name to something better.

Álvaro Castillo 09-11-2012 01:12 PM

Marketing of fedora weekly news

Hi Arnav.

Im talking on mail because I cannot find Facebook chat about Fedora suggestions.

I though use AskFedora as Website to implement suggestions.

Or would be build a forum to fo it too.

Greetings!

Ruth Suehle 09-11-2012 05:30 PM

Marketing of fedora weekly news

It should describe both. It should be the only thing people need to
refer to in order to know about developments in the fedora community.
Also it should contain educational material so that they get to know
more about fedora.

I think we should change the name to something better.

Not a bad suggestion. I always liked "Under the Brim," which was briefly
the name of a predecessor of Red Hat Magazine. I think it was long
enough ago that nobody would remember/care/be confused.

Ruth

Ian Weller 09-11-2012 07:27 PM

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 01:30:55PM -0400, Ruth Suehle wrote:
> Not a bad suggestion. I always liked "Under the Brim," which was
> briefly the name of a predecessor of Red Hat Magazine. I think it
> was long enough ago that nobody would remember/care/be confused.

We do try to distance Fedora from the hat in our branding, though.

But "Under the Brim" is too clever of a name. I can't think of a better
name and I'm torn.

--
Ian Weller <ian@ianweller.org>

Matthew Miller 09-11-2012 07:42 PM

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 02:27:06PM -0500, Ian Weller wrote:
> We do try to distance Fedora from the hat in our branding, though.

No problem! "What hat? We're talking about coffee!"

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org>
Senior Systems Architect -- SEAS Computing

Arnav Kalra 09-12-2012 12:32 AM

Marketing of fedora weekly news

Under the brim is a nice name +1