Old 09-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Álvaro Castillo

Default Marketing of fedora weekly news

Its to hard installing KDE spin on spanish with 60kb/s of internet connection. Fedora should include spanish language by default... 1 hour to install language pack and apply on LiveCD and post-install are same.

I do videotutorial about installing fedora KDE on spanish and this is a lot sad. I have to cut a lot minutes of Apper downloading packages....

I wish. Fedora tools to do own spin with anaconda installer as is on Lives, not choice one option to install...et e.g system-config-kickstart cannot allow do it.

:-(

On Sep 11, 2012 8:27 PM, "Ian Weller" <ian@ianweller.org> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 01:30:55PM -0400, Ruth Suehle wrote:

> Not a bad suggestion. I always liked "Under the Brim," which was

> briefly the name of a predecessor of Red Hat Magazine. I think it

> was long enough ago that nobody would remember/care/be confused.

We do try to distance Fedora from the hat in our branding, though.

But "Under the Brim" is too clever of a name. I can't think of a better

name and I'm torn.

--

Ian Weller <ian@ianweller.org>

Old 09-12-2012, 01:23 PM
María Leandro

Hello.
In Venezuela we decided to make our own remix for events like FLISoL and CNSL since the personalization after install was taking too much time.*
Note: Remix includes non-open parts, so is not a spin. We needed to include some codecs for new users, however, before each install we explained what and why we were installing that and explain them that they can/SHOULD remove them once they find their own path through.

You can see the iso here [0], and also, feel free to contact Richzendy [1] for more info.
[0]*http://richzendy.org/2012/02/19/remix-de-fedora-16.html*(spanish)
[1]*https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Richzendy

Its to hard installing KDE spin on spanish with 60kb/s of internet connection. Fedora should include spanish language by default... 1 hour to install language pack and apply on LiveCD and post-install are same.

I do videotutorial about installing fedora KDE on spanish and this is a lot sad. I have to cut a lot minutes of Apper downloading packages....

I wish. Fedora tools to do own spin with anaconda installer as is on Lives, not choice one option to install...et e.g system-config-kickstart cannot allow do it.

:-(

On Sep 11, 2012 8:27 PM, "Ian Weller" <ian@ianweller.org> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 01:30:55PM -0400, Ruth Suehle wrote:

> Not a bad suggestion. I always liked "Under the Brim," which was

> briefly the name of a predecessor of Red Hat Magazine. I think it

> was long enough ago that nobody would remember/care/be confused.

We do try to distance Fedora from the hat in our branding, though.

But "Under the Brim" is too clever of a name. I can't think of a better

name and I'm torn.

--

Ian Weller <ian@ianweller.org>

tatica

Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org

LinuxUser= 440285* GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56

Old 09-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Álvaro Castillo

Yes but, yikes one having to do their own version of Fedora if you just want a language pack, for example. Then as I explain this to people who attend conferences related to Fedora or when writing articles ...

Maybe add autorun system-config-language when start Fedora Desktop, KDE, LXDE.... Is not spent space... So depends of internet connection...

Old 09-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Arnav Kalra

[Offtopic] What if we put a link to the locale rpm on the download page?

Please try to stay on topic.
Regards,
Arnav Kalra

Old 09-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Álvaro Castillo

Mmm no build a system startup script where execute system-config-language to install languages on Lives and post-installer. After closes this program that have downloaded language packages. Can relogin automatically.