Old 09-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Nitesh Narayan

Default Fedora Video Contest Starts

Hi,
Want to win a cool Fedora Tshirt and other swags , participate in Fedora Video Contest . The contest is starting today (5th September 2012) and will remain open for 1 month (5th October 2012).
The contest is really simple: we want you to make us a video. Rather, we want you to make a intro/outro template that we can use for the Fedora Videos project.

How To Participate ?
Make a intro + outro template that a video can be prefixed/suffixed with
Shine it up, real nice. Add some barbecue sauce maybe?
Put it up somewhere: dropbox/archive.org/...
Email us and let us know!
Wait.. wait.. wait.. to find out if you won yourself goodies and Fedora tshirt!

Now, since we're going to use your template for quite a few videos, all of the fedora videos project actually, we request you to license your material accordingly: please use CC by SA.

What is Fedora Videos Project, We have lots of community videos strewn around the interwebs. Some on Youtube,others on Vimeo, others are just hosted some place. They aren't really well organized, and so, it's difficult to find them when you need them.What we're trying to do is to take all these, add proper titles,subtitles, translations, licenses and place them at one location(archive.org) so that everyone can find and use them. That's where the contest comes in. We want a good intro/outro template that we can easily modify and use for the videos that we put up. Makes sense now, doesn't it?. If you want to eat some hot dogs with us while making community videos, come right in (link to mailing list mktg)!
For other details regarding the Fedora Video Contest visit the wiki page [1] . If you still have questions feel free to ask any of the video team members [2] .
So let the game begin , and lets give a hard time to our judges by lots of awesome participation .
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Videos/FedoraVideos_Contest_Intro/Outro
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Videos#Fedora_Videos_Team

Print only if its necessary
Regards
Nitesh Narayan Lal
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Niteshnarayan

Old 09-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Dan Mashal

Hi,*
This is really cool. Could you please provide some more information as to what you mean by "Fedora intro/outro template" and what the content of the video should contain?

Thanks,Dan

Old 09-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Marķa Leandro

Hello!
Since there are a lot of videos teaching how to use Fedora or just showing up what's new, we want to provide a neutral intro/outro to them and make an educational website where people can find them and spread them with a single and unique image.

We want people to be part of the project and make their videos official too. The main goal is to use our contributors creativity and ask for help!

[...]

tatica

Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org

LinuxUser= 440285* GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56

Old 09-06-2012, 02:25 AM
Ankur Sinha

On Wed, 2012-09-05 at 05:15 -0700, Dan Mashal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is really cool. Could you please provide some more information as
> to what you mean by "Fedora intro/outro template" and what the content
> of the video should contain?
>
> Thanks, Dan

Hi Dan,

Well, we intend to collect videos from the community and publish them
over at archive.org. For this, we'd like to "brand" them in a uniform
manner. (Something like the way we have a set of fedora presentation
templates) The intro/outro as explained in the announcement/wiki pages
are short videos that we'll append at the starting and end of the videos
that we intend to publish. The intro/outro will contain common
information such as the title of the video, "fedora community video"
branding etc.

intro (title etc) + video to publish + outro (credits/thankyou etc as
required) => finished video => archive.org

Hope that helps some.

To all ambassadors: please help spread the word about the videos
contest. It's a great way to get non contributors in touch with the
fedora community
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Please only print if necessary.

Looking to contribute to Fedora? Look here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Join_SIG

http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/

Old 09-06-2012, 04:25 AM
Dan Mashal

How many videos do you want?*
I could probably create 10 or 15 of them, not kidding.
Dan

Old 09-06-2012, 07:32 AM
Brendan Jones

I think this is a great idea. Once you have the intros/outros I'm sure
some of the more active members of the Music Creation SIG would have
some ideas to supplement the Fedora Musicians guide with Video. I'm
watching this space.

Brendan

<http://archive.org/.>..

<http://archive.org>) so that everyone can find and use
[...]

http://www.tatica.org <http://www.tatica.org/>
LinuxUser= 440285 GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56