-   -   Improve Fedora Project (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-marketing/699049-improve-fedora-project.html)

Álvaro Castillo 08-30-2012 02:39 AM

Improve Fedora Project

I have taken initiative to do suggestions that could improve Fedora Project available on English and Spanish, for all.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Netsys/Suggestions_improvement_for_Fedora_Project

Add your opinion too, on:AskFedora: http://ask.fedoraproject.org/question/2372/suggestions-for-improve-fedora-project

FedoraForum.org: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1599949#post1599949Your opinion is welcome.

Thanks!
-- Álvaro Castillo
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Netsys

Linux user #547784

Arnav Kalra 08-30-2012 03:53 AM

Improve Fedora Project

I have added my suggestions. Thanks for the initiative.
Regards,
Arnav Kalra
104, Sector 14
Karnal - 132001
Mobile - +91 9896961018
Home - +91 184 4030104

Christopher Meng 08-30-2012 04:40 AM

Improve Fedora Project

I also add.Please review.

Kevin Fenzi 09-01-2012 05:10 PM

Improve Fedora Project

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 03:39:46 +0100
Álvaro Castillo <netsys@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> I have taken initiative to do suggestions that could improve Fedora
> Project available on English and Spanish, for all.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Netsys/Suggestions_improvement_for_Fedora_Project
>
> Add your opinion too, on:
>
> - AskFedora:
> http://ask.fedoraproject.org/question/2372/suggestions-for-improve-fedora-project
> - FedoraForum.org:
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1599949#post1599949
>
> Your opinion is welcome.

Hey Álvaro.

First, I think it's GREAT that you collected these suggestions. Even if
many of them aren't possible for whatever reason it's great to discuss
them and figure out why, and perhaps come up with another way forward.

Anyhow, were do you think is best to answer these? I think some of them
are development related and won't likely see answers from developers on
this list, and some are more high level, so perhaps would need to
be answered by the Board. Let me know where the best place for
discussion is and I'd be happy to throw my 2 cents in. ;)

kevin

Arnav Kalra 09-01-2012 05:48 PM

Improve Fedora Project

It would be best if we officially start a programme to collect user suggestions. What do you say?*
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/ comes to my mind.

Stephen John Smoogen 09-01-2012 07:24 PM

Improve Fedora Project

On 1 September 2012 11:48, Arnav Kalra <arnavkalra007@gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be best if we officially start a programme to collect user
> suggestions. What do you say?
> http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/ comes to my mind.

It looks like that uses the idea torrent and drupal. We have several
drupal groups within marketing I believe. I would expect that you can
work with them on getting it packaged and put up somewhere.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
"Don't derail a useful feature for the 99% because you're not in it."

Kevin Fenzi 09-01-2012 07:40 PM

Improve Fedora Project

On Sat, 1 Sep 2012 23:18:42 +0530
Arnav Kalra <arnavkalra007@gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be best if we officially start a programme to collect user
> suggestions. What do you say?
> http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/ comes to my mind.

I think unless it was carefully curated, it could cause frustration. ;(

For example, what if it had a suggestion of "Support mp3 playback out
of the box". That would be nice and all, but it's a legal/freedom
impossibility. Or "Free laptops for everyone", etc.

Dell has: http://www.ideastorm.com/
thats similar.

Any software we would setup in fedora would need to be packaged and
pass though our Request For Resources process.

kevin

Álvaro Castillo 09-02-2012 12:08 AM

Improve Fedora Project

> I have taken initiative to do suggestions that could improve Fedora

> Project available on English and Spanish, for all.

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Netsys/Suggestions_improvement_for_Fedora_Project

> Add your opinion too, on:

> * *- AskFedora:

> * *http://ask.fedoraproject.org/question/2372/suggestions-for-improve-fedora-project

> * *- FedoraForum.org:

> * *http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1599949#post1599949

> Your opinion is welcome.

Hey Álvaro.

First, I think it's GREAT that you collected these suggestions. Even if

many of them aren't possible for whatever reason it's great to discuss

them and figure out why, and perhaps come up with another way forward.

Anyhow, were do you think is best to answer these? I think some of them

are development related and won't likely see answers from developers on

this list, and some are more high level, so perhaps would need to

be answered by the Board. Let me know where the best place for

discussion is and I'd be happy to throw my 2 cents in. ;)

kevin

Yes, maybe get in touch on board and ask, Why not or Why yes about each suggestions....

Álvaro Castillo 09-02-2012 12:14 AM

Improve Fedora Project

It would be best if we officially start a programme to collect user suggestions. What do you say?*
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/ comes to my mind.

Anyhow, were do you think is best to answer these? I think some of them

are development related and won't likely see answers from developers on

this list, and some are more high level, so perhaps would need to

be answered by the Board. Let me know where the best place for

discussion is and I'd be happy to throw my 2 cents in. ;)

Yeah, is very good idea, people can add your opinions, vote ideas, explain reasons why add or not these ideas on Fedora Project. This is very good community image that Fedora promotes as first of four values.

Álvaro Castillo 09-02-2012 12:20 AM

Improve Fedora Project

> It would be best if we officially start a programme to collect user

> suggestions. What do you say?

> http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/ comes to my mind.

I think unless it was carefully curated, it could cause frustration. ;(

For example, what if it had a suggestion of "Support mp3 playback out

of the box". That would be nice and all, but it\'s a legal/freedom

impossibility. Or "Free laptops for everyone", etc.

Dell has: http://www.ideastorm.com/

thats similar.

Any software we would setup in fedora would need to be packaged and

pass though our Request For Resources process.

kevin

Mmm, I think MP3 supports, or privative programs although most use the RPM Fusion repositories able to use proprietary software or other OpenSource license CDDL VirtualBox-OSE type ... should not be added, because one of the things that encourages Fedora is using only the free software, bring fewer problems and if not used, would not develop ever. Maybe the state of nouveau was not so for example, if it were not so used and so encouraged. In addition to, some countries cannot uses these software by software legals problems.