Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Fedora Marketing (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-marketing/)
-   -   Coordination in social networks (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-marketing/698395-coordination-social-networks.html)

Jiri Eischmann 08-28-2012 11:42 AM

Coordination in social networks
 
Hi,
the test season starts and our goal for this release is to get more
participants in test days. Social networks are a really good place to
spread the word about our test days. Unfortunately, Fedora
pages/accounts in social networks are not in a good shape.

Facebook - several pages, which one is official and who is its admin?
Google+ - no one has posted there since May, admin?
Twitter - the only account that gets new posts regularly
Identi.ca - the account "Fedora Users" is there, but no posts

There are tens of thousands people subscripted to our accounts. That's
not few and we should leverage it.

It'd be great to have a social media coordinator who'd make sure that
all important information gets posted at all social networks we're in,
and also persons responsible for individual social networks.

I'm sorry if I'm talking about something that has already been discussed
at weekly meetings. I can't attend them. Thursday evening is a really
bad time for me and I already spend two evenings a week at Fedora
meetings, another would kill me.

Jiri

--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing

Arnav Kalra 08-28-2012 11:57 AM

Coordination in social networks
 
We need to know about the admins before we do anything.



On Aug 28, 2012 5:12 PM, "Jiri Eischmann" <eischmann@redhat.com> wrote:
Hi,

the test season starts and our goal for this release is to get more

participants in test days. Social networks are a really good place to

spread the word about our test days. Unfortunately, Fedora

pages/accounts in social networks are not in a good shape.



Facebook - several pages, which one is official and who is its admin?

Google+ - no one has posted there since May, admin?

Twitter - the only account that gets new posts regularly

Identi.ca - the account "Fedora Users" is there, but no posts



There are tens of thousands people subscripted to our accounts. That's

not few and we should leverage it.



It'd be great to have a social media coordinator who'd make sure that

all important information gets posted at all social networks we're in,

and also persons responsible for individual social networks.



I'm sorry if I'm talking about something that has already been discussed

at weekly meetings. I can't attend them. Thursday evening is a really

bad time for me and I already spend two evenings a week at Fedora

meetings, another would kill me.



Jiri



--

marketing mailing list

marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing

Christopher Meng 08-28-2012 12:18 PM

Coordination in social networks
 
Who is the admin?

--


Yours sincerely,
Christopher Meng

Ambassador/Contributor of Fedora Project and many others.
http://cicku.me

--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing

Ankur Sinha 08-28-2012 12:20 PM

Coordination in social networks
 
On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 13:42 +0200, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> Hi,

Hello !

> the test season starts and our goal for this release is to get more
> participants in test days. Social networks are a really good place to
> spread the word about our test days. Unfortunately, Fedora
> pages/accounts in social networks are not in a good shape.
>
> Facebook - several pages, which one is official and who is its admin?

This is what I found on Facebook:

A page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Project/103128663061181?sk=info

An account:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Project/7670534782

I've messaged this account, asking who is in-charge.

An empty fedora page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Project/376623812340

Another fedora account:
https://www.facebook.com/fedoraproject.org

I've messaged this one asking for the in-charge too.

Another fedora account:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Project/161955423902383

Dropped this one a message too

The fedora-linux group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fedora.linux/

The fedora community folks group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/127560783969535/


> Google+ - no one has posted there since May, admin?
Our page on g+:
https://plus.google.com/112917221531140868607/posts

I can't find a way to message the moderator here. We'll just have to ask
around and figure this one out.

> Twitter - the only account that gets new posts regularly

Do we know who is in-charge of this yet?

> Identi.ca - the account "Fedora Users" is there, but no posts

Same for this one. We need to find out who is in-charge here.

>
> There are tens of thousands people subscripted to our accounts. That's
> not few and we should leverage it.

+1

>
> It'd be great to have a social media coordinator who'd make sure that
> all important information gets posted at all social networks we're in,
> and also persons responsible for individual social networks.

I'd like to work on this. I'd prefer a team of 2-3 folks rather than
just a single co-ordinator though: 2-3 folks with access to all the
accounts who'd be tasked with sending out info to the various social
apps? It would be even better if the 2-3 co-ordinators could be from
different time zones, to ensure that data gets posted as soon as it's
received. 2-3 also ensures that they have each other to fall back on
when they're too busy etcetera.

>
> I'm sorry if I'm talking about something that has already been discussed
> at weekly meetings. I can't attend them. Thursday evening is a really
> bad time for me and I already spend two evenings a week at Fedora
> meetings, another would kill me.

Same here. The meeting time doesn't play well with my timezone :/

>
> Jiri
>

I'd also suggest we put up a wiki page that lists the different
in-charges of the social accounts. That would make it easier to hunt
them down in the future.

I found something on the wiki here[1] and here[2].

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_social_networks
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Buzz

--
Thanks,
Warm regards,
Ankur: "FranciscoD"

Please only print if necessary.

Looking to contribute to Fedora? Look here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Join_SIG

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha
http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing

Jaroslav Reznik 08-28-2012 12:24 PM

Coordination in social networks
 
----- Original Message -----
> On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 13:42 +0200, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hello !
>
> > the test season starts and our goal for this release is to get more
> > participants in test days. Social networks are a really good place
> > to
> > spread the word about our test days. Unfortunately, Fedora
> > pages/accounts in social networks are not in a good shape.
> >
> > Facebook - several pages, which one is official and who is its
> > admin?
>
> This is what I found on Facebook:

We (as KDE SIG) are in charge of
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-KDE-Plasma-Workspaces/169934056512?ref=hl

R.

> A page
> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Project/103128663061181?sk=info
>
> An account:
> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Project/7670534782
>
> I've messaged this account, asking who is in-charge.
>
> An empty fedora page:
> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Project/376623812340
>
> Another fedora account:
> https://www.facebook.com/fedoraproject.org
>
> I've messaged this one asking for the in-charge too.
>
> Another fedora account:
> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Project/161955423902383
>
> Dropped this one a message too
>
> The fedora-linux group:
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fedora.linux/
>
> The fedora community folks group:
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/127560783969535/
>
>
> > Google+ - no one has posted there since May, admin?
> Our page on g+:
> https://plus.google.com/112917221531140868607/posts
>
> I can't find a way to message the moderator here. We'll just have to
> ask
> around and figure this one out.
>
> > Twitter - the only account that gets new posts regularly
>
> Do we know who is in-charge of this yet?
>
> > Identi.ca - the account "Fedora Users" is there, but no posts
>
> Same for this one. We need to find out who is in-charge here.
>
> >
> > There are tens of thousands people subscripted to our accounts.
> > That's
> > not few and we should leverage it.
>
> +1
>
> >
> > It'd be great to have a social media coordinator who'd make sure
> > that
> > all important information gets posted at all social networks we're
> > in,
> > and also persons responsible for individual social networks.
>
> I'd like to work on this. I'd prefer a team of 2-3 folks rather than
> just a single co-ordinator though: 2-3 folks with access to all the
> accounts who'd be tasked with sending out info to the various social
> apps? It would be even better if the 2-3 co-ordinators could be from
> different time zones, to ensure that data gets posted as soon as it's
> received. 2-3 also ensures that they have each other to fall back on
> when they're too busy etcetera.
>
> >
> > I'm sorry if I'm talking about something that has already been
> > discussed
> > at weekly meetings. I can't attend them. Thursday evening is a
> > really
> > bad time for me and I already spend two evenings a week at Fedora
> > meetings, another would kill me.
>
> Same here. The meeting time doesn't play well with my timezone :/
>
> >
> > Jiri
> >
>
> I'd also suggest we put up a wiki page that lists the different
> in-charges of the social accounts. That would make it easier to hunt
> them down in the future.
>
> I found something on the wiki here[1] and here[2].
>
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_social_networks
> [2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Buzz
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Warm regards,
> Ankur: "FranciscoD"
>
> Please only print if necessary.
>
> Looking to contribute to Fedora? Look here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Join_SIG
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha
> http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/
>
> --
> marketing mailing list
> marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing

Jonathan Nalley 08-28-2012 12:35 PM

Coordination in social networks
 
Ankur/Jiri, several of the pieces of information you've requested are
already on the Microblogging SOP page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Status_and_microblogging_SOP

The draft warning on the top is somewhat questionable IMHO, but nevertheless.


On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 8:20 AM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 13:42 +0200, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>
> Hello !
>
>> the test season starts and our goal for this release is to get more
>> participants in test days. Social networks are a really good place to
>> spread the word about our test days. Unfortunately, Fedora
>> pages/accounts in social networks are not in a good shape.
>>
>> Facebook - several pages, which one is official and who is its admin?
>
> This is what I found on Facebook:
>
> A page:
> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Project/103128663061181?sk=info
>
> An account:
> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Project/7670534782
>
> I've messaged this account, asking who is in-charge.
>
> An empty fedora page:
> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Project/376623812340
>
> Another fedora account:
> https://www.facebook.com/fedoraproject.org
>
> I've messaged this one asking for the in-charge too.
>
> Another fedora account:
> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Project/161955423902383
>
> Dropped this one a message too
>
> The fedora-linux group:
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/Fedora.linux/
>
> The fedora community folks group:
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/127560783969535/
>
>
>> Google+ - no one has posted there since May, admin?
> Our page on g+:
> https://plus.google.com/112917221531140868607/posts
>
> I can't find a way to message the moderator here. We'll just have to ask
> around and figure this one out.
>
>> Twitter - the only account that gets new posts regularly
>
> Do we know who is in-charge of this yet?
>
>> Identi.ca - the account "Fedora Users" is there, but no posts
>
> Same for this one. We need to find out who is in-charge here.
>
>>
>> There are tens of thousands people subscripted to our accounts. That's
>> not few and we should leverage it.
>
> +1
>
>>
>> It'd be great to have a social media coordinator who'd make sure that
>> all important information gets posted at all social networks we're in,
>> and also persons responsible for individual social networks.
>
> I'd like to work on this. I'd prefer a team of 2-3 folks rather than
> just a single co-ordinator though: 2-3 folks with access to all the
> accounts who'd be tasked with sending out info to the various social
> apps? It would be even better if the 2-3 co-ordinators could be from
> different time zones, to ensure that data gets posted as soon as it's
> received. 2-3 also ensures that they have each other to fall back on
> when they're too busy etcetera.
>
>>
>> I'm sorry if I'm talking about something that has already been discussed
>> at weekly meetings. I can't attend them. Thursday evening is a really
>> bad time for me and I already spend two evenings a week at Fedora
>> meetings, another would kill me.
>
> Same here. The meeting time doesn't play well with my timezone :/
>
>>
>> Jiri
>>
>
> I'd also suggest we put up a wiki page that lists the different
> in-charges of the social accounts. That would make it easier to hunt
> them down in the future.
>
> I found something on the wiki here[1] and here[2].
>
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_social_networks
> [2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Buzz
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Warm regards,
> Ankur: "FranciscoD"
>
> Please only print if necessary.
>
> Looking to contribute to Fedora? Look here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Join_SIG
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha
> http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/
>
> --
> marketing mailing list
> marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing

Arnav Kalra 08-28-2012 12:43 PM

Coordination in social networks
 
>

>> Google+ - no one has posted there since May, admin?

> Our page on g+:

> https://plus.google.com/112917221531140868607/posts

>

> I can't find a way to message the moderator here. We'll just have to ask

> around and figure this one out.

>

You can message the page by sharing a post with that page only. I think the admin of the page gets a notification when you do so.
If this does not work we can create a new page.

Also, i think we should link these pages on the fedora website.


Just my 2 paise.
Regards,
Arnav Kalra
104, Sector 14
Karnal - 132001
Mobile - +91 9896961018
Home - +91 184 4030104







--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing

Ankur Sinha 08-28-2012 12:46 PM

Coordination in social networks
 
On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 08:35 -0400, Jonathan Nalley wrote:
> Ankur/Jiri, several of the pieces of information you've requested are
> already on the Microblogging SOP page:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Status_and_microblogging_SOP
>
> The draft warning on the top is somewhat questionable IMHO, but
> nevertheless.

Hi Jonathan,

I just ran into the page and was in the middle of posting it to the list
when I read your reply :D

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Status_and_microblogging_SOP#Access

has the list of credential holders for twitter/identi.ca accounts.

* We could start by getting in touch with them to see what the current
status of the various accounts are?

* The page needs to be updated with other account info, such as
* * Facebook
* * Google+

About the entire co-ordination in social networks, how about something
like this:

- Some "collectors", that keep an eye out on the mailing lists (our
catchment area) and supply this to the marketing list

- Some "posters", that are in-charge of the various social accounts.
They pick up this info that the "collectors" post to the marketing list
and post it to the various social apps? The SOP page provides sufficient
information/guidelines for "posters" already I guess.

Ideas/Improvements/Volunteers?

/me volunteers for the "collector" group, since I do spend quite a lot
of my time reading mails on the various mailing lists anyway. (I seem to
be on 30 or more fedora mailing lists currently :O )
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,
Ankur: "FranciscoD"

Please only print if necessary.

Looking to contribute to Fedora? Look here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Join_SIG

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha
http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing

Arnav Kalra 08-28-2012 12:52 PM

Coordination in social networks
 
* We could start by getting in touch with them to see what the current

status of the various accounts are?



* The page needs to be updated with other account info, such as

* * Facebook

* * Google+



About the entire co-ordination in social networks, how about something

like this:



- Some "collectors", that keep an eye out on the mailing lists (our

catchment area) and supply this to the marketing list



- Some "posters", that are in-charge of the various social accounts.

They pick up this info that the "collectors" post to the marketing list

and post it to the various social apps? The SOP page provides sufficient

information/guidelines for "posters" already I guess.





Even though i am not a member of the marketing team or any other team, i agree with your suggestions.

--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing

Ruth Suehle 08-28-2012 01:34 PM

Coordination in social networks
 
This has been on my radar too, but I was hoping the people listed on the Microblogging page on the wiki were still doing things. But I'd been thinking about just what you guys have--inquiring about whether they're still maintaining, etc.

A social-media mailing list may be in order, separate from the marketing list where we can have those account admins join and as necessary send mail that says, "Please faceplustweet this:" so it doesn't get lost in our general mktg list traffic.

Ruth
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:35 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.