Old 08-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Robyn Bergeron

Default Coordination in social networks

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 5:54 AM, Arnav Kalra <arnavkalra007@gmail.com> wrote:
> Distrowatch collects all this stuff automatically. Maybe we can just link to
> it.

Distrowatch, unless I'm missing a detail, collects/reposts
announcements from the distributions themselves, and reviews from
mainstream press, but they don't aggregate a lot of the other news
that is reported in the mainstream press (reporting and/or dissection
of decisions, interviews with specific contributors, deep dives into
specific features, etc.) So I don't know that we'd necessarily want to
rely on it as a single point of collection.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Arnav Kalra

Distrowatch, unless I'm missing a detail, collects/reposts

announcements from the distributions themselves, and reviews from

mainstream press, but they don't aggregate a lot of the other news

that is reported in the mainstream press (reporting and/or dissection

of decisions, interviews with specific contributors, deep dives into

specific features, etc.) So I don't know that we'd necessarily want to

rely on it as a single point of collection.

I agree with that but it is better than having nothing. We can add phoronix to the list because they cover features and other stuff like that.

Regards,
Arnav Kalra
104, Sector 14
Karnal - 132001

Mobile - +91 9896961018
Home - +91 184 4030104

Old 08-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Marķa Leandro

hello all.
I guess problem is not to know *where* to upload/share content, is how to merge everything in a coherent way that doesn't annoy/bore people reading each one.
Challenge is not to find people to handle this services, is to have a good leader that can create a roadmap of how to spread the same news using an*appropriated*format for each one.

So, could we just make a list of networks somewhere else and focus now at the *how*?
hugs!

Distrowatch, unless I'm missing a detail, collects/reposts

announcements from the distributions themselves, and reviews from

mainstream press, but they don't aggregate a lot of the other news

that is reported in the mainstream press (reporting and/or dissection

of decisions, interviews with specific contributors, deep dives into

specific features, etc.) So I don't know that we'd necessarily want to

rely on it as a single point of collection.

I agree with that but it is better than having nothing. We can add phoronix to the list because they cover features and other stuff like that.

Regards,

Arnav Kalra
104, Sector 14
Karnal - 132001

Mobile - +91 9896961018
Home - +91 184 4030104

tatica

Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org

LinuxUser= 440285* GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56

Old 08-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Arnav Kalra

I agree.
Regards,
Arnav Kalra
104, Sector 14
Karnal - 132001
Mobile - +91 9896961018
Home - +91 184 4030104

Old 08-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Ruth Suehle

In my dream universe, I've always wanted to see a simple web tool
where someone - instead of cutting/pasting into an email - could
cut/paste into a small web app where they could put the title, date,
author, etc. and then it would automagically post that in pretty table
format to a wiki.

It's not quite this and more of an aggregator, but in our last Marketing
team meeting, Jason Brooks showed the first stage of what he's been
working on to collect Fedora news automatically:

http://venus1-jeb.rhcloud.com/

Old 08-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Arnav Kalra

The tool looks nice.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Marķa Leandro

looks nice, maybe we could do a cool design for it.
what about something like paper.li to release a daily resume of every social network, so people can subscribe and check which updates they want to add and which SN they want to skip.

would that be helpful?
/me is more worried about people wanting to read than how we would gather the information... has to be easy, short and attractive so what is plan to do has a*positive*effect and massive spread

Old 08-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Arnav Kalra

Maria your idea looks interesting.

I agree with you that the major problem would be finding an audience.

I think we can and should run a blog like omgubuntu.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Marķa Leandro

The base for it is already done with Insight, is just an issue to find the human resources that can get involve in this and create a SN group. Marketing is a general team that has to handle not only about spreading and SN, but also about websites image, marketing items and many more.

As we talk at FUDcon LATAM past week, we are planning to create a small team inside the Marketing one to handle marketing stuff and*shipping*inside LATAM (we hope to take that outside but we need to start small first), so I guess wouldn't be that crazy to create inside the marketing team for "spread"or just "press releases"

I think it's needed now :/

Old 08-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Arnav Kalra

You can count me in.