Old 08-28-2012, 04:54 AM
Ankur Sinha

Default Upcoming testing days: Openstack and i18n

Hi folks,

We have a big test day coming up real soon on the 4th of September:

- The openstack test day[1]
- The i18n test day[2]

There's less than a week left, so I think we need to start making some
noise about these already!

I've requested the openstack team to add some more info to their test
day that we can use. The i18n test page looks pretty complete already.

Any suggestions on how we should go about it?

The complete list of test days is here[3]. Please add the page to your
"watch list".

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-08-28_OpenStack
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-09-04
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Fedora_18_test_days

--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Please only print if necessary.

Looking to contribute to Fedora? Look here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Join_SIG

http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/

Old 08-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Jiri Eischmann

Hi,
I'd make sure those test days will happen on time. Fedora 18 is still
barely installable and according to my information, it's gonna take the
Anaconda team a few more weeks to fix release blockers for alpha.
We might face the biggest slip in the history of Fedora, so we should
make sure we promote something that is going to happen.

Jiri

Ankur Sinha p*še v Út 28. 08. 2012 v 14:54 +1000:

Old 08-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Ankur Sinha

On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 11:00 +0200, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd make sure those test days will happen on time. Fedora 18 is still
> barely installable and according to my information, it's gonna take
> the
> Anaconda team a few more weeks to fix release blockers for alpha.
> We might face the biggest slip in the history of Fedora, so we should
> make sure we promote something that is going to happen.
>
> Jiri

Hi Jiri,

I've seen a few folks install F18 successfully today. I'll give it a try
tonight too. According to the trac tickets for these two test
days:[1][2], they seem to be on schedule. If there's a delay, it will
show up on the ticket.

Adam has commented[3] on the i18n test day ticket saying that they can
whip live images for the test days, even if alpha images aren't
available. I'll keep an eye out though.

In the meantime, assuming that the test days *are* going through, how do
we proceed?

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/312
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/301
[3] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/301#comment:17

Old 08-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Jaroslav Reznik

> On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 11:00 +0200, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'd make sure those test days will happen on time. Fedora 18 is
> > still
> > barely installable and according to my information, it's gonna take
> > the
> > Anaconda team a few more weeks to fix release blockers for alpha.
> > We might face the biggest slip in the history of Fedora, so we
> > should
> > make sure we promote something that is going to happen.
> >
> > Jiri
>
> Hi Jiri,
>
> I've seen a few folks install F18 successfully today. I'll give it a
> try
> tonight too. According to the trac tickets for these two test
> days:[1][2], they seem to be on schedule. If there's a delay, it will
> show up on the ticket.

I think the test days should follow the current schedule, even we do
not have Alpha by that time. It's not a blocker for Test Day.

> Adam has commented[3] on the i18n test day ticket saying that they
> can
> whip live images for the test days, even if alpha images aren't
> available. I'll keep an eye out though.

This is definitely the right way - we just have to be sure we're able
to compose live images. And a lot of test days are even using own
preprepared images (hint, if you want to deliver set of packages etc.,
to make it easier to use...).

Jaroslav