-   -   Fwd: Helping to improve advertising of test days and other things (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-marketing/696906-fwd-helping-improve-advertising-test-days-other-things.html)

Arnav Kalra 08-23-2012 02:35 AM

Fwd: Helping to improve advertising of test days and other things

How can we help with this?

Also who maintains the fedora g+ Facebook and other pages or are they fake like arch's?

>> *The only think the marketing team needs to do is advertise test days

>> on Twitter G+ Facebook etc.. and notify any media contacts we are in

>> contact with.

> I do quite like one idea from the above in isolation - it might be nice to have the default browser home page in pre-releases point to somewhere which explains how to perform useful testing of pre-releases. Seems logical. We could look into that...

Is this done by the design group?

Ankur Sinha 08-23-2012 06:37 AM

Fwd: Helping to improve advertising of test days and other things

Hi,

On Thu, 2012-08-23 at 08:05 +0530, Arnav Kalra wrote:
> How can we help with this?
> Also who maintains the fedora g+ Facebook and other pages or are they
> fake like arch's?

Not sure what you imply by "fake". It must be someone from the
community.

> >> The only think the marketing team needs to do is advertise test
> days
> >> on Twitter G+ Facebook etc.. and notify any media contacts we are
> in
> >> contact with.

I think we can start by adding the test day wiki page[1] to our watch
lists.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Fedora_18_test_days

Whenever you notice a test day coming up, please ping the list, and
we'll scramble around and spread the word over whatever channels we have
access too.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Please only print if necessary.

Looking to contribute to Fedora? Look here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Join_SIG

http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/

Arnav Kalra 08-23-2012 07:19 AM

Fwd: Helping to improve advertising of test days and other things

Fake means that the page is not official.