Old 08-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Jiri Eischmann

Default Helping to improve advertising of test days and other things

Arnav Kalra p*še v Út 21. 08. 2012 v 00:11 +0530:
> I have a netbook which i can use for this purpose. How can i help?

When there is a test day just join us and participate. You can also test
Fedora any time during the test cycle and report problems to bugzilla.

Jiri

Old 08-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Arnav Kalra

> When there is a test day just join us and participate. You can also test

> Fedora any time during the test cycle and report problems to bugzilla.

> Jiri

I will surely try that.

If we want a method to aggregate responses we can modify smolt a bit.

1. Smolt would collect data without user's intervention in test released and make a profile on a webpage which catalogs test releases.

2. On this page we can add a few more columns to the table in which testers write about their test experiences.

3. We can make a page which describes how to test releases as a page which is displayed when the first time Firefox is started.

4. The qa team sees the results constantly being uploaded on that page and analyses it together on gobby.

5. I think this would solve a part of the problem.

What do you guys think about it?

Old 08-22-2012, 02:37 AM
Christopher Meng

Agree.

+1

--

Yours sincerely,
Christopher Meng

Ambassador/Contributor of Fedora Project and many others.
http://cicku.me

Old 08-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Jiri Eischmann

Arnav Kalra p*še v Út 21. 08. 2012 v 20:33 +0530:

> > When there is a test day just join us and participate. You can also
> test
> > Fedora any time during the test cycle and report problems to
> bugzilla.
> >
> > Jiri
> >
> I will surely try that.
>
> If we want a method to aggregate responses we can modify smolt a bit.
> 1. Smolt would collect data without user's intervention in test
> released and make a profile on a webpage which catalogs test releases.
> 2. On this page we can add a few more columns to the table in which
> testers write about their test experiences.
> 3. We can make a page which describes how to test releases as a page
> which is displayed when the first time Firefox is started.
> 4. The qa team sees the results constantly being uploaded on that page
> and analyses it together on gobby.
> 5. I think this would solve a part of the problem.
>
> What do you guys think about it?

I think this is already something that should be discussed in the QA
mailing list.

1. It's not a marketing topic any more.
2. QA team should be the one you discuss this with first.

Jiri

Old 08-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Arnav Kalra

OK, I will do that. However,* I will not be able to help in the implementation part because I do not even know coding in c ++ or any other language.