Old 08-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Ruth Suehle

Default Re-introduction (Let's make some stuff happen!)

Hello, Fedora marketing team! This is a re-introduction of sorts, as
I've been on the list for a few years, and many of you know me from one
capacity or another, either through Fedora or opensource.com and other
Red Hat things.

A few months ago, Red Hat started a new team called Open Source and
Standards (OSAS), and I've joined that group to work on community
marketing, including for Fedora. Toward that, there are two big things
I'd like to start doing up front (with your help, of course):

- Restart the regular marketing team meetings. Do you have a strong
preference (or un-preference) for time and day of the week? Say so now!
Vote here by the end of this week: http://whenisgood.net/9hryqh9

- Start cleaning up the wiki. A lot of the marketing pages haven't been
updated since 2010. Some of them aren't even useful or relevant anymore.
Let's clean that up and make it shine like the top of the Chrylser
building.

We're almost halfway to Fedora 18, and there are some really fun
possibilities on the horizon, so I'm hoping if we start up with meetings
again, we'll be able to get some really good stuff rolling by the next
release. New collateral for one--it's been a while. We've had luck with
postcards, but new ideas are good too. What have you been rolling around
in your head? Let's make it happen!

Ruth