Old 07-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Nitesh Narayan

Default Jamia Millia Islamia College of Enginnering , Delhi

Hi,

I had taken a session on What is Fedora and how one can contribute to it at Jamia Millia Islamia College of Enginnering [1], Delhi , India on Saturday, July 21st , 2012.

The participants were Btech students including few employed people as well . They were familiar with Linux and most of them were using on or the other Linux distribution .

The session begin and I introduced them to Fedora what it is , what is the reason behind forming Fedora .
I had also explained about the Fedora Foundations (Freedom ,Friends , Features and First) meaning to them .
The crowd really seems excited and interactive through out the session . After finishing the above I explained them how then can start contributing to Fedora . At the end I explained few basic things about Mailing List and IRC .

Thanks to JMI LUG [2] for there help in organizing this meetup . Few photos taken during the event are available at [3].

[1] Jamia Millia Islamia University : http://jmi.ac.in/

[2] JMI LUG : http://www.jmilug.org/cms/

[3] Photos : https://picasaweb.google.com/108453109276209258652/FedoraMeetupJMIDelhi?authkey=Gv1sRgCLvXhMDz8s3pmAE

Regards
Nitesh Narayan Lal
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Niteshnarayan

Old 07-26-2012, 06:42 AM
Buddhike Kurera

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 11:49 PM, Nitesh Narayan
<niteshnarayanlal@indiatimes.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had taken a session on What is Fedora and how one can contribute to it at Jamia Millia Islamia College of Enginnering [1], Delhi , India on Saturday, July 21st , 2012.

Hello Nitesh,

Thanks for the event report and photos, an excellent work and keep it going.

Did you manage the expenses and swags, if not please open a ticket at
the APAC trac[0] for reimbursements.

See you

[0] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-apac

Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera (bckurera)