-   -   IDG News: Fedora 17 Takes to the Cloud (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-marketing/672384-idg-news-fedora-17-takes-cloud.html)

Karin Bakis 05-29-2012 07:48 PM

IDG News: Fedora 17 Takes to the Cloud

Fedora 17 Takes to the Cloud

By Joab Jackson, IDG News

The newest release of the Red Hat-sponsored Fedora Linux distribution
includes a number of technologies that haven't made their way into Red
Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) yet, including a new version of the
OpenStack cloud platform, code-named Essex, that the company plans to
adopt in future editions of its flagship distribution.

Fedora 17, released Monday, also includes the latest version of the Gnome -- version 3.4 -- as the default user interface.

Overall, this release contains an unusually substantial number
of new features, programs and improvements, said Robyn Bergeron, Fedora
project leader. "We have a new release every six months. Sometimes
there are fewer
features, but I think this release has the largest number of new
features we've ever had," she said.

Full article:

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/256403/fedora_17_takes_to_the_cloud.html

Karin Bakis