Old 05-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Ruth Suehle

Default Feedback from Distrowatch

On 05/08/2012 02:48 PM, Danishka Navin wrote:

> I think we should increase our presence in the social media specially
> in Facebook itself

Speaking of which, who owns
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Project/7670534782? The image has
a serious logo-squishing problem.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Robert 'Bob' Jensen

----- "Danishka Navin" <danishka@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM, inode0 < inode0@gmail.com > wrote:
>
> If it is confused with other logos from a similar product space then
> it isn't perfect. It may well be no fault of the logo but it is a
> problem.
>
> If a lot of someones think it is related to Facebook then it is a
> problem worth thinking about before it gets completely out of control.
> We have seen other hints that this confusion exists in the past as
> well.
>
> Admitting we have a brand problem which seems to be related to some
> similar aspects that exist in our logo and in Facebook's logo doesn't
> mean we need to abandon our logo. Are there other ways available to us
> to mitigate this confusion? Perhaps advertising Fedora more widely so
> more people are exposed to our brand more often? Perhaps something
> else?
>
> it would be great if we could identify the region/location of those
> people.
> but there is no such information i guess.
>
> I think we should increase our presence in the social media specially
> in Facebook itself.

Maybe it's something that Red Hat legal should have handled years ago and didn't?

-- Bob

Old 05-09-2012, 03:21 AM
Abhishek Singh

On 05/09/2012 03:16 AM, Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
> ----- "Danishka Navin" <danishka@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM, inode0 < inode0@gmail.com > wrote:
>>
>> If it is confused with other logos from a similar product space then
>> it isn't perfect. It may well be no fault of the logo but it is a
>> problem.
>>
>> If a lot of someones think it is related to Facebook then it is a
>> problem worth thinking about before it gets completely out of control.
>> We have seen other hints that this confusion exists in the past as
>> well.
>>
>> Admitting we have a brand problem which seems to be related to some
>> similar aspects that exist in our logo and in Facebook's logo doesn't
>> mean we need to abandon our logo. Are there other ways available to us
>> to mitigate this confusion? Perhaps advertising Fedora more widely so
>> more people are exposed to our brand more often? Perhaps something
>> else?
>>
>> it would be great if we could identify the region/location of those
>> people.
>> but there is no such information i guess.
>>
>> I think we should increase our presence in the social media specially
>> in Facebook itself.
>>
> Maybe it's something that Red Hat legal should have handled years ago and didn't?
>
> -- Bob
Fedora Logo has a long established base, and changing the logo would not
be a good decision in my opinion.

--
Abhishek Singh
FOSS Nepal Community

Old 05-09-2012, 04:09 AM
Buddhike Kurera

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM, Ruth Suehle <rsuehle@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 05/08/2012 02:48 PM, Danishka Navin wrote:
>>

>> I think we should increase our presence in the social media specially
>> in Facebook itself
>
> Speaking of which, who owns
> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Project/7670534782? The image has
> a serious logo-squishing problem.

Change of logo -10000
Increase brand awareness +1

Further the Facebook page, 'Fedora Project" but it should "The Fedora
Project", logo is not properly used too.

Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)
Fedora Ambassador - APAC region
Event*Liaison*- Design Team

Email:*bckurera@fedoraproject.org*|*IRC: bckurera

Old 05-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Mark Terranova

Greetings Fedorans, this whole logo thing has been going on for a while. I use it to my advantage and as part of my Linux advocacy. I have a Fedora sticker in front of *acebook*. ¬*https://plus.google.com/u/0/105095769731159704550/posts/ivTqyEAKEbS <<<pic
All I need is for folks to come up and ask me whats the deal with that? Next thing ya know, I am telling them about Linux, Fedora, and the Beefy Miracle.¬*

Sense of humor is key here. If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then maybe put some booze in it, and share it with others. At this point, you and your new friends can talk about the bastard that thought it was a good idea to give you lemons.¬*

-Mark
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 4:19 AM, Kévin Raymond <shaiton@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>> Hi

>> Serious question; Should the Fedora logo be changed?

> No!

> Seriously why we should change our logo for few people (it was just a

> sample)

Firstly, our logo is the original one, Facebook have been inspirated

by our brillant design!

Secondly, our objectives are not to gather everypeople around one Free

Operating System, but to gather contributors… In every domains, yes.

> I have never heard such thing from my community.

I have.

You can read an old thread on the ambassador mailing list:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2010-May/014452.html

If someone has to change his logo, we won't.

--

Kévin Raymond

(shaiton)

GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2