Old 03-05-2012, 02:22 PM
"irejaul ."

Default Urgent : Asking for Vote

Hi fellows:

I would like to propose & ask for vote for the following two
topics:

1) FUDCon in Bangladesh

2) Expand Fedora through Hiring Mentors

*

Please mention:

+1 if you agree

-1 if you disagree

0 if you not want to involve

Thanks & Regards,

Rejaul Islam

Fedora Ambassador Bangladesh

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Rejaul

Old 03-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Joerg Simon

some questions and notes

why is this urgent? why is this crossposted?

On 05.03.2012 16:22, irejaul . wrote:
> Hi fellows:
> I would like to propose & ask for vote for the following two topics:
> 1) FUDCon in Bangladesh

depends on the bid for the next round

> 2) Expand Fedora through Hiring Mentors

-1
i do not know how often i have to repeat myself here - there is a group
who is in charge to expand Fedora - Fedora Ambassadors are supposed to
hire and mentor new contributors across the whole Fedora Project -
improving the quality of Ambassadors also will improve the membership
expirience for new contributors
I am still convinced that we should work on the goals to improve the
Ambassador Program instead inventing the wheel again and again - i know
i posted this link much to often but ... it is still valid from my pov
http://kitall.blogspot.com/2011/02/ambassador-group-role-for-2011.html

cu Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon@fedoraproject.org

Old 03-05-2012, 03:22 PM
sankarshan

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 8:52 PM, irejaul . <rejaulislam@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) Expand Fedora through Hiring Mentors

I don't comprehend the massive cross-posting and, the above point.
What does "hiring mentors" mean ? Some time back I had written down
what I think about the Mentors within The Fedora Project. Along with
link put forth by Joerg, here's another -
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/2010/11/09/of-mentors-and-mentoring/>

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>