Old 02-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Ben Gordy

Default Fedora Marketing SIG

Hi, my name is Benjamin Gordy and I live in
Austin, TX. My
Fedora Account System (FAS) username is bengordy, and my IRC nick
is bengordy.

I learned about the Fedora Marketing team
through Fedora Ambassador
MarkDude, and am interested in joining because I like to promote
Linux in the
community and Fedora is excellent.

This is the first FOSS project I have worked
on! (I’m
currently improving my Python skills, but somehow drawing circles,
creating
lines, and general pygame tinkering doesn’t seem like a
distributable product,
just yet.)

*This is the first Marketing project
I have worked on!

*My skills, which I hope to utilize
in Fedora Marketing,
include:

*** (Marketing
Skills)
– Good communication skills

*** (Other
Skills)
-* Mentoring SysAdmins

*** I'd
also like to
learn more about what I can do to help Fedora Marketing.

*When I'm not working on Fedora, I
am a Systems Engineer for Dell.*

*A couple of goals I have for the
Fedora Project are spreading
the news and promoting Fedora in the local community.

*I am wondering about Fedora Cloud
marketing strategy.*

I was looking for Amazon AMI's
and the latest revision I see is like Fedora 14.

Please help me get started!

Ben