Old 06-12-2011, 01:24 AM
Scott Ferguson

Default Subscription

On 12/06/11 09:10, Lisi wrote:
> On Saturday 11 June 2011 17:54:35 Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> *cough* some of us do design websites the blind and visually handicapped
>> in mind....it's just not noticed by those with normal vision. (sigh) ;-p
>
> Many don't bother. And just for the record I myself am partially sighted (our
> awful euphemism!). If someone can't be bothered to make the site visible, I
> can't be bothered to try and read it.
>
> As you rightly say, it is a shame to throw all those potential customers out
> with the rubbish.
> But I have got better things to do with my life than try
> desperately to make out what that mid-grey writing on a pale grey background
> is actually saying, or what that "pretty" graphic is successfully masking.

Email the management. Just to let them know that you won't be buying
their product because you *can't* view the site, and that you'll be
emailing their shareholder to tell them you emailed the management - who
don't give a stuff, so now you're going to lobby everyone you know to
not buy their stuff - because you don't like being insulted or
marginalised, and you think your money is just as good as anyone else's.
And let 'em know you'll be spending up big with their opposition...
You can also point them at Debian.org as an example of how to do it right.

If that doesn't work. Rent a wheelchair get some friends with big
cameras, buy a $1 share and shutdown their agm. It's easy if you've got
the time and know their pain points. ;-p

> Those like you who try to make things accessible are much appreciated - anyhow
> by me!
>
> Lisi

Cheers - I think of you the next time I need a biased opinion of site
accessibility.

--
The world is like a ride in an amusement park.
And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how

Old 06-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Sun, 2011-06-12 at 11:24 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 12/06/11 09:10, Lisi wrote:
> > On Saturday 11 June 2011 17:54:35 Scott Ferguson wrote:
> >> *cough* some of us do design websites the blind and visually handicapped
> >> in mind....it's just not noticed by those with normal vision. (sigh) ;-p
> >
> > Many don't bother. And just for the record I myself am partially sighted (our
> > awful euphemism!). If someone can't be bothered to make the site visible, I
> > can't be bothered to try and read it.
> >
> > As you rightly say, it is a shame to throw all those potential customers out
> > with the rubbish.
> > But I have got better things to do with my life than try
> > desperately to make out what that mid-grey writing on a pale grey background
> > is actually saying, or what that "pretty" graphic is successfully masking.
>
> Email the management. Just to let them know that you won't be buying
> their product because you *can't* view the site, and that you'll be
> emailing their shareholder to tell them you emailed the management - who
> don't give a stuff, so now you're going to lobby everyone you know to
> not buy their stuff - because you don't like being insulted or
> marginalised, and you think your money is just as good as anyone else's.
> And let 'em know you'll be spending up big with their opposition...
> You can also point them at Debian.org as an example of how to do it right.
>
> If that doesn't work. Rent a wheelchair get some friends with big
> cameras, buy a $1 share and shutdown their agm. It's easy if you've got
> the time and know their pain points. ;-p
> >
> > Those like you who try to make things accessible are much appreciated - anyhow
> > by me!
> >
> > Lisi

After reading a long text on a private homepage, the last, very small
words I read were "Click here to change the colours" . Sometimes there
is such an option, but it's very good hidden. I'm not visible impaired,
but who wishes to read "mid-grey writing on a pale grey background"?
A lot of German companies don't care about minorities. They don't care
about the broadcasting van. They wait until a report was send by a big
television station, then thy claim everything just was a big
misunderstanding and then 'they care' about minorities. This doesn't
have a loss of image in Germany, hence nobody cares for minorities here,
excepted guilty ones are needed to blame for something. German sheep dog
shit on the sidewalk? No, it must be Romany people shit.

I guess people all over the world are similar . If in your country the
big cameras should help, wow! Ralf

Old 06-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Lisi

On Sunday 12 June 2011 02:24:57 Scott Ferguson wrote:
> Email the management. Just to let them know that you won't be buying
> their product because you *can't* view the site, and that you'll be
> emailing their shareholder to tell them you emailed the management - who
> don't give a stuff, so now you're going to lobby everyone you know to
> not buy their stuff - because you don't like being insulted or
> marginalised, and you think your money is just as good as anyone else's.
> And let 'em know you'll be spending up big with their opposition...
> You can also point them at Debian.org as an example of how to do it right.
>
> If that doesn't work. Rent a wheelchair get some friends with big
> cameras, buy a $1 share and shutdown their agm. It's easy if you've got
> the time and know their pain points. ;-p

:-))

Lisi

Old 05-19-2012, 10:39 PM
PMA

Dear Gurus,

Please reinstate my Debian forum subscriptions!

My ISP, Eskimo North, just disabled its new "spam filter",
which had proved to be bouncing way more legitimate
email than spam.

My apologies on EN's behalf for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
PMA

Archive: 4FB82132.2060504@aya.yale.edu">http://lists.debian.org/4FB82132.2060504@aya.yale.edu

Old 05-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Camaleón

On Sat, 19 May 2012 18:39:46 -0400, PMA wrote:

> Dear Gurus,

Please, don't cross-post.

> Please reinstate my Debian forum subscriptions!

(...)

Wrong list. You have to contact the forums admins.

For any specific problem related to Debian mailing lists that you cannot
solve by your own, contact the list maintainers:

Greetings,

--
Camaleón