Old 01-12-2012, 05:49 AM
Abhishek Kumar

Default Self-Introduction: Abhishek Kumar

Hi, my name is Abhishek Kumar and I live in Gurgaon, India . My*Fedora Account System (FAS)*username is abkumar, and my*IRC*nick is also abkumar

I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through fedora project website, and am interested in joining because I am avid fan of fedora project right from the days of Red Hat Linux 8 which eventually became Fedora project .

I've worked with FreeMedia group in the past if fedoraproject but left because I think instead of distributing free cds we need to educate users/public about the benefits associated with free and open source software, of which fedora is an integral part.

This is the first Marketing project I have worked on! as I am a technical guy working in a team supporting businesses on servers with Linux, open source software.

My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing, include:

(Marketing Skills) - social media such as facebook, google+ etc

(Other Skills) - I would like to participate in local groups near Delhi NCR area
I'd also like to learn how to introduce fedora to academic innovation and day to day use at colleges.

When I'm not working on Fedora, I am working at Navisite as a linux support engineer and I am fond of cars. (Studying at this school, working at this company, pursuing this hobby.)

I am currently working on Fedora 16 verne release and currently enjoying systemd and other unique features it offers.

Please help me get started!