Old 01-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Misha Shnurapet

Default About identity

Hi.

There's something out on the Internet called 8tracks [1]. Its logo, colors and font closely resemble those of Fedora.

[1] http://market.android.com/details?id=com.e8tracks

--
Best regards,
Email: shnurapet AT fedoraproject.org, IRC: misha on freenode

Old 01-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Vinzenz Vietzke

Am 09.01.2012 13:03, schrieb Misha Shnurapet:
> There's something out on the Internet called 8tracks [1]. Its logo,
> colors and font closely resemble those of Fedora.
>
> [1] http://market.android.com/details?id=com.e8tracks

Yeah, saw that some days ago too. Maybe Red Hat Legal should have a look
at it and contact those guys.

Vinzenz Vietzke

Tel.: +49-(0)160/90447689
Mail: vietzke@b1-systems.de

B1 Systems GmbH

Old 01-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Tom Callaway

On 01/10/2012 10:37 AM, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:
> Am 09.01.2012 13:03, schrieb Misha Shnurapet:
>> There's something out on the Internet called 8tracks [1]. Its logo,
>> colors and font closely resemble those of Fedora.
>>
>> [1] http://market.android.com/details?id=com.e8tracks
>
> Yeah, saw that some days ago too. Maybe Red Hat Legal should have a look
> at it and contact those guys.

Several people forwarded Misha's post to me for review, and I informed
Red Hat Legal, but they agree it is not a trademark concern as is.

If you have anything that you think might be a Legal concern or issue
for Fedora, please feel free to send it to legal@fedoraproject.org.

Thanks,

~tom

==
Fedora Project

Old 01-10-2012, 07:02 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:50:14PM -0500, Tom Callaway wrote:
> On 01/10/2012 10:37 AM, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:
> > Am 09.01.2012 13:03, schrieb Misha Shnurapet:
> >> There's something out on the Internet called 8tracks [1]. Its logo,
> >> colors and font closely resemble those of Fedora.
> >>
> >> [1] http://market.android.com/details?id=com.e8tracks
> >
> > Yeah, saw that some days ago too. Maybe Red Hat Legal should have a look
> > at it and contact those guys.
>
> Several people forwarded Misha's post to me for review, and I informed
> Red Hat Legal, but they agree it is not a trademark concern as is.
>
> If you have anything that you think might be a Legal concern or issue
> for Fedora, please feel free to send it to legal@fedoraproject.org.

Thanks for reviewing this quickly!