Old 01-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Biraj Karmakar

Default Self Introduction : Biraj Karmakar

Hi, my name is Biraj Karmakar and I live in Barasat, Kolkata , INDIA.
My Fedora Account System (FAS) username is
biraj(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Biraj), and my IRC nick is
also biraj.

I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through MarkDude., and am
interested in joining because it spreads news on all major development
updates, releases, new projects and events related to Fedora. I want
to work closely with the Fedora Ambassadors who spread the word about
Fedora at events and allow the Fedora Project to interact directly
with its existing and prospective users.

I am working in open source and/or Free Software in the present. Some
of the projects I am working on
TRANSIFEX(https://transifex.net/projects/p/transifex/team/bn_IN) , and
MOZILLA THUNDER BIRD TRANSLATION(http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/).

My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing ...

Marketing skills:
I have to look "Marketing" up on Wikipedia, actually... I am an
engineering student.

Other skills:
I keep/make pages good-lookin', spam-free, well-linked.
I have learnt C and BASIC,python, PHP, SQL,during my schooldays.

I'd also like to learn about many linux magazine.

When I'm not working on Fedora, I am studying at college.

I am wondering about what has been done in Marketing in the past.

Please help me get started!

Old 01-04-2012, 04:46 AM
Suresh Packiyarajah

Hi Biraj,

Welcome to Fedora world!

If you have not already, please do take a look at

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors

It has more information's for getting started.if you have any questions feel free to ping us at #fedora-ambassadors and #fedora-mktg on IRC Freenode

-Suresh