Old 11-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Nitesh Narayan

Default More Video Tutorials

Hi,
As I was discussing with few of the community members on IRC about one of the thing which I want to be implemented .
What I was saying is that ,what we want is more and more number of people to use Fedora .Even if they are not a regular user of Linux but if they want to try then they should get attracted to use Fedora.
And this will be only possible if they find easy to setup their system and the utilities which they use.
Now probably there are many tutorials available right now , but most of them are in text format and very few in Videos.What happens according to me is ,if a user is new to Linux and trying to setup something but getting problems then he can understand the solution of that more well from video tutorials rather that from text .It is also true that we can together put some number of videos but what we want is majority Linux users who often put videos on youtube and other places should start putting videos for fedora.
I will love to do this job of making video tutorials but will be needing some help.As there are many fields of which videos can be made and it won't be possible for me to cover all those fields individually.
So what I was thinking if anyone interested ,he can pick up something on which he can make tutorial and send me or upload it himself or if someone interested he can help me in the topics which i will try to cover.I myself will try to cover as much as possible .

Please do share your views about the same whether you agree or not.
There are few other things which I want to discuss but that I will do later .
Regards
Nitesh

Old 11-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Frankie Mangoa

This is an awesome idea.I would like to take this up with you.I*experience*the same when introducing someone both in south africa and in kenya.I am not too sure but from my experience most of the time we do experience some problems when users are not near someone that can show them things on hand especially when new to the system.

I think we should come up with a bunch of guys and throw some tutorials on youtube where one can pick this up.

thanks
frankie

Old 11-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Balaji VP

Hi guys

I am willing to put my hand on creating these video tutorials.* As Xmas is comming might have some free time over the holidays.

Regards

Balaji.V.P

Old 11-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Aleksandra Bookwar

Hi all,

I think the good start for such a project is to make the page
somewhere (wiki maybe) where to put the scenario suggestions.

Since there are at least two parts in video creating (script writing
and actually recording) it might be helpful to split the process in
two parts and to allow people to cooperate.

The idea is that
1) someone can come to this wiki page and add the request, which topic
he wants to be explained in video form. If we are lucky, not just the
request, but the full script.
2) someone else could come to this wiki page, check which topics are
not covered yet, choose the one, sign for it there and then create it.

--
Best regards,
Aleksandra Bookwar

Old 11-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Nitesh Narayan

Hi,
I have some categories in my mind
1.We should start with the installation and most important of them for a new user is the partitioning part and how to start .
2.Installing basic applications of multimedia ,Development ,Utilities and few others as all can be further divided into subcategories and their alternate way as most of the times a new user faces a problem because he gets fail to install or use a certain application properly from the way which is easier and explained everywhere.
3.Now here comes the part which everyone can do individually ,for eg. if someone had faced a specific problem in certain application but he was able to get it work then he can pick that application and can make a tutorial
or else
if someone knows an application very well as he uses it quite often then he will be knowing where a new user can can face a problem while installing or using that application .

I had myself faced some issues ,about which I have written in my blog but now I will try to show them through video .

It will be great if we make a proper videos or else we may also make a tutorial by taking screenshots which is the an easier way but will definitely work if we have lots of them and that too on different topics .

Cheers
Nitesh Narayan Lal

Old 11-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Nitesh Narayan

Made the wiki page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Niteshnarayan/video_tutorials
please edit if you think anything is missing or need to be changed

cheers
Nitesh

Old 11-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail

i have this rather old idea, which kindof related to this, but
graphics and videos are not my skills >.<

- when user first login, it'll be great to show them the basics of
using the desktop, somewhat like how N900 does here with its 'getting
started' app : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IzLdXEigd4c#t=96 s

it'll be great if someone can create one ^.^

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 2:52 AM, Nitesh Narayan
<niteshnarayanlal@indiatimes.com> wrote:
> Made the wiki page:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Niteshnarayan/video_tutorials
> please edit if you think anything is missing or need to be changed
>
> cheers
> Nitesh

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866* 5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331