Old 10-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Robyn Bergeron

Default Salutations

On 10/13/2011 01:23 PM, John Mark Walker wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I just joined the list and wanted to say 'hello' so... hello!
>
> I'm looking forward to learning more about Fedora projects. In a previous life, I started the UbuCon community events, which may or may not still be active at the moment. I've been involved in open source-y things since 1998, when I started with Red Hat 5.0. Soon after, I joined VA Linux, rode the IPO gravy train, and then crashed and burned like most people out here on the left coast.
>
> I've been doing quite a few community things since - the UbuCon, LinuxWorld Conference, speaking at OSCON, SCALE, and a few cloud events, and co-founding the Open Cloud Initiative. Back in the day, I was on the marketing SIG for Linux International. So, I hope I can be of use here and looking forward to hearing from the rest of you.
Welcome!

As you've probably seen since joining the list - we're currently, ahem,
undergoing a reboot, so to speak. Which means it's a great time to jump
in and get involved - plenty of things to do around here.

Are there any areas you're specifically interested in, or things that
you enjoy doing? Or, as Ruth said in a separate thread, would it be
easier to find out in a meeting what things we do do, and see if there
is a match, and bring up new ideas if they're not already out there?

It's always nice to have a new person's point of view - particularly
when they've been involved elsewhere in the past, and can bring some
fresh eyes to the table. Good to have you.

-r