Old 10-13-2011, 10:31 PM
Robyn Bergeron

Default Love and feeding of marketing team.

Helloooooooooo Marketing Fans,

So...... I will be the first to admit that I've been a little lax (okay,
actually, super-lax) in the Marketing area lately. Some of this has
just been my time, or lack thereof, especially when it comes to meetings
and having them, and some of it is simply that nobody else is really
insisting on meeting and getting things done and kicking me in the pants
about it, either.

In the spirit of Getting Things Done, and more generally, having a bit
more excitement around this joint, I'd like to get an idea for who's
interested in getting the Marketing Train back on the tracks and up to
speed. This means: meetings, being a bit more active in IRC, knocking
out some of the release-time items, and most importantly, thinking about
NEW THINGS we can do either around raising awareness, new things that
new contributors can do, or just generally doing new things because
doing the same stuff over and over and over is, let's face it, super boring.

In short, just two questions:

1: Who's interested in coming to marketing meetings again, and working
on release-related activities?

2: Does anyone have any new and cool ideas in the marketing area that we
can pick up and work on?

I'm here with my marketing defibrillators! Let's get it back together,
folks. I'd like to just pick up with getting back at least on the
meeting train next Tuesday, and we can adjust the time and whatnot if
necessary as we go forward.

Other thoughts or comments are welcomed. Flames too. I'm expecting those.

-Robyn

Old 10-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 16:31, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero@redhat.com> wrote:
> Helloooooooooo Marketing Fans,
>
> So...... I will be the first to admit that I've been a little lax (okay,
> actually, super-lax) in the Marketing area lately. *Some of this has
> just been my time, or lack thereof, especially when it comes to meetings
> and having them, and some of it is simply that nobody else is really
> insisting on meeting and getting things done and kicking me in the pants
> about it, either.
>
> In the spirit of Getting Things Done, and more generally, having a bit
> more excitement around this joint, I'd like to get an idea for who's
> interested in getting the Marketing Train back on the tracks and up to
> speed. This means: meetings, being a bit more active in IRC, knocking
> out some of the release-time items, and most importantly, thinking about
> NEW THINGS we can do either around raising awareness, new things that
> new contributors can do, or just generally doing new things because
> doing the same stuff over and over and over is, let's face it, super boring.
>
> In short, just two questions:
>
> 1: Who's interested in coming to marketing meetings again, and working
> on release-related activities?
>
> 2: Does anyone have any new and cool ideas in the marketing area that we
> can pick up and work on?
>
> I'm here with my marketing defibrillators! Let's get it back together,
> folks. I'd like to just pick up with getting back at least on the
> meeting train next Tuesday, and we can adjust the time and whatnot if
> necessary as we go forward.
>
> Other thoughts or comments are welcomed. Flames too. I'm expecting those.

You aren't asking us to change passwords too are you?

I am interested in what I can do.

> -Robyn

Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren

Old 10-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Robyn Bergeron

On 10/13/2011 03:33 PM, Ruth Suehle wrote:
> Let's do some stuff! And to both points/questions, how about having the first meeting be a sort of review session of goals and things the team has done before as a refresher for old people and an intro for newer ones who aren't sure how to get involved?
I think that's a spectacular idea. I'm happy to go through that stuff in
the first part of the meeting!

-r

Old 10-14-2011, 12:21 AM
Buddhika Kurera

Hello,
Nice to see*activities*in marketing group again .Lets start with a meeting, we didnt have a meeting about an year (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings)
*so that would be a good start as F16 is on the way we can target the release and work for it.
So lets start setting up a date n time for the meeting soon.
Define a goal -> Set of tasks to*achieve*the goal ; short term goal like F16*release*would work. Working towards a common goal will build up the team.

see you guys soon

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 5:03 AM, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero@redhat.com> wrote:

On 10/13/2011 03:33 PM, Ruth Suehle wrote:

> Let's do some stuff! And to both points/questions, how about having the first meeting be a sort of review session of goals and things the team has done before as a refresher for old people and an intro for newer ones who aren't sure how to get involved?

I think that's a spectacular idea. I'm happy to go through that stuff in

the first part of the meeting!

-r

> Ruth

> Robyn Bergeron<rbergero@redhat.com> *wrote:

> Helloooooooooo Marketing Fans,

> So...... I will be the first to admit that I've been a little lax (okay,

> actually, super-lax) in the Marketing area lately. *Some of this has

> just been my time, or lack thereof, especially when it comes to meetings

> and having them, and some of it is simply that nobody else is really

> insisting on meeting and getting things done and kicking me in the pants

> about it, either.

> In the spirit of Getting Things Done, and more generally, having a bit

> more excitement around this joint, I'd like to get an idea for who's

> interested in getting the Marketing Train back on the tracks and up to

> speed. This means: meetings, being a bit more active in IRC, knocking

> out some of the release-time items, and most importantly, thinking about

> NEW THINGS we can do either around raising awareness, new things that

> new contributors can do, or just generally doing new things because

> doing the same stuff over and over and over is, let's face it, super boring.

> In short, just two questions:

> 1: Who's interested in coming to marketing meetings again, and working

> on release-related activities?

> 2: Does anyone have any new and cool ideas in the marketing area that we

> can pick up and work on?

> I'm here with my marketing defibrillators! Let's get it back together,

> folks. I'd like to just pick up with getting back at least on the

> meeting train next Tuesday, and we can adjust the time and whatnot if

> necessary as we go forward.

> Other thoughts or comments are welcomed. Flames too. I'm expecting those.

> -Robyn

Regards,Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)Fedora Ambassador Sri LankaEvent*Liaison*- Design Team

Email:*bckurera@fedoraproject.org*|*IRC: bckurera

Old 10-14-2011, 03:05 AM
"Neville A. Cross"

On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 15:31 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
<snip>

> In short, just two questions:
>
> 1: Who's interested in coming to marketing meetings again, and working
> on release-related activities?
>
> 2: Does anyone have any new and cool ideas in the marketing area that we
> can pick up and work on?
>
> I'm here with my marketing defibrillators! Let's get it back together,
> folks. I'd like to just pick up with getting back at least on the
> meeting train next Tuesday, and we can adjust the time and whatnot if
> necessary as we go forward.
>
> Other thoughts or comments are welcomed. Flames too. I'm expecting those.
>
> -Robyn

NOt flames, just Love!

I would like to help, my only concern is that marketing meetings were
scheduled on my work time, so most of the time I was not available to
participate.

I remember great meetings were things were getting done as we proceeded,
that was a huge motivator, at least for me. Getting to read the minutes,
and then looking for something to tackle, was far less attractive.

I hope defibrillation includes a revision on the meeting time.

--
Neville A. Cross
Linux User #: 473217

Old 10-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Robyn Bergeron

On 10/13/2011 08:05 PM, Neville A. Cross wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 15:31 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> <snip>
>> In short, just two questions:
>>
>> 1: Who's interested in coming to marketing meetings again, and working
>> on release-related activities?
>>
>> 2: Does anyone have any new and cool ideas in the marketing area that we
>> can pick up and work on?
>>
>> I'm here with my marketing defibrillators! Let's get it back together,
>> folks. I'd like to just pick up with getting back at least on the
>> meeting train next Tuesday, and we can adjust the time and whatnot if
>> necessary as we go forward.
>>
>> Other thoughts or comments are welcomed. Flames too. I'm expecting those.
>>
>> -Robyn
> NOt flames, just Love!
>
> I would like to help, my only concern is that marketing meetings were
> scheduled on my work time, so most of the time I was not available to
> participate.
>
> I remember great meetings were things were getting done as we proceeded,
> that was a huge motivator, at least for me. Getting to read the minutes,
> and then looking for something to tackle, was far less attractive.
>
> I hope defibrillation includes a revision on the meeting time.
Okay. I think that a revision is something we can probably pick up as a
point of discussion, but I think at least for our first meeting back
we'll keep it where it was (if nothing else, to keep the confusion level
low). I've tried moving it in the past, but it's always proved to be
just... really, really ugly in terms of accommodating everyone. We can
certainly attempt it again, but I'd like to get some steam goin' while
we got it.

-r

Old 10-18-2011, 12:04 AM
Máirín Duffy

On Mon, 2011-10-17 at 14:41 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> > I hope defibrillation includes a revision on the meeting time.
> Okay. I think that a revision is something we can probably pick up as a
> point of discussion, but I think at least for our first meeting back
> we'll keep it where it was (if nothing else, to keep the confusion level
> low).

How about a reminder for those of us who don't remember what time it
was?

~m

Old 10-18-2011, 12:09 AM
Robyn Bergeron

i'm getting there. i'm prepping for the world juggling competition... oh, i'm not, but i feel like it.

timing info forthcoming in a few minutes.

-r