Old 10-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Viji V Nair

Default Self-Introduction: Viji Nair

Hi, my name is Viji Nair and I live in Mumbai, India. (I travel a lot
in India to promote FOSS). My Fedora Account System (FAS) username is
viji, and my IRC nick is also viji.

I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through the
fedoraproject.org, and am interested in joining because I am working
as an Open source evangelist for the last 10 years and a long term
contributor to multiple Linux projects. I could see fedora as a
bleeding edge platform to test and deploy most of the cutting edge
technology in distributed computing and cloud today. I am working with
many government and private sectors on
migration/development/deployment of their infrastructure to FOSS, so,
I believe fedora will be a very good choice as a platform.

I've worked in open source and/or Free Software in the past. Some of
the projects I've worked on, or communities I've been involved with,
include: reiser4 filesystem where I am doing QA, support, and
community-organizing work, and FreeIPA where I do more of the same.
You can find more details about my work on -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Viji_V_Nair

This is the first Marketing project I have worked on!

My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing, include:

Marketing Skills:

My background is engineering, I have to learn a lot. I have a
reasonable understanding about the features of Fedora when compared to
other distribution, I am already promoting the same in different
colleges

Other Skills:

* I am into core technology, so, I can provision fedora very well into
a any technical requirement.
* Documentation and wiki
* Conferences and workshops

I'd also like to learn: The different ways we can promote Fedora in
Academic institutions like engineering and MCA colleges.

When I'm not working on Fedora, I am working with Reliance BIG Entertainment.

A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project are conducting more
marketing campaigns in Mumbai region. I would also like to see more
technical events on different new technology happening in India
promoted by Fedora

I am wondering about what has been done in Marketing in the past,
specifically in Mumbai region.

Please help me get started!

Thanks & Regards

Viji Nair

Old 10-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Rahul Sundaram

A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project are conducting more

marketing campaigns in Mumbai region. I would also like to see more

technical events on different new technology happening in India

promoted by Fedora

I am wondering about what has been done in Marketing in the past,

specifically in Mumbai region.

Please help me get started!

Fedora 14 is about to be released soon. So perhaps arranging a Fedora 14 release party or giving a talk in the next Mumbai lug meet would a way to start. * You can also help us out with the Fedora 14 release marketing efforts.* Interviews, release announcement etc.

Rahul

Old 10-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Viji V Nair

Hi Rahul,

Sure, I am already working on it.

Meanwhile, my request to the marketing group is not yet approved. Is
there any procedure left for approving the same?

Thanks
Viji

Old 10-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Meanwhile, my request to the marketing group is not yet approved. Is

there any procedure left for approving the same?

I don't think we use that group for anything at all.* Can someone make that invite only or just remove it?

Rahul

Old 10-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Robyn Bergeron

Hi Viji,

There is no process, other than doing the self-introduction, applying, and me seeing the mail (I saw the intro, but not the application to the FAS group). Sorry about that - have been packing and moving during the past week

Thanks,

Robyn