Old 10-05-2010, 11:39 AM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default Feature profile Thursdays?

Hey Marketeers,

I touched base with Kara Schiltz, re: our previous meeting, to see if
there were any Thursdays free on the Red Hat press blog where we could
pimp some of the Fedora 14 feature profiles. Kara's going to respond
back with some possible dates for publication we could target.

To do this, the responsible profile writer will need to:

* Prepare some material for the wiki, such as a full-size interview
and possibly other writing (i.e. do the regular profile)

* Draft a press blog entry to wrap around that material, for review
and editing by the Red Hat staff before publication

Here are some previous feature profile-related press blog entries from
the Fedora 13 cycle for comparison:

http://press.redhat.com/2010/04/27/fedora-13-spotlight-feature-exploring-new-frontiers-of-python-development/
http://press.redhat.com/2010/04/20/fedora-13-spotlight-feature-networkmanager-gets-even-more-connected/

Robyn -- the feature profiles page is here, but it looks to be blank:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_feature_profiles

Can you remind us who's responsible for current feature profiles so we
can get this page filled in?

Old 10-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Kara Schiltz

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Hey Marketeers,
>
> I touched base with Kara Schiltz, re: our previous meeting, to see if
> there were any Thursdays free on the Red Hat press blog where we could
> pimp some of the Fedora 14 feature profiles. Kara's going to respond
> back with some possible dates for publication we could target.

It looks like we could slot in additional feature profile blogs on Oct.
21 and Oct. 28.

Thanks,
Kara

Old 10-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Robyn Bergeron

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 6:23 AM, Kara Schiltz <kschiltz@redhat.com> wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> Hey Marketeers,
>>
>> I touched base with Kara Schiltz, re: our previous meeting, to see if
>> there were any Thursdays free on the Red Hat press blog where we could
>> pimp some of the Fedora 14 feature profiles. *Kara's going to respond
>> back with some possible dates for publication we could target.
>>
> It looks like we could slot in additional feature profile blogs on Oct.
> 21 and Oct. 28.
>
> Thanks,
> Kara
>> To do this, the responsible profile writer will need to:
>>
>> * Prepare some material for the wiki, such as a full-size interview
>> * and possibly other writing (i.e. do the regular profile)
>>
>> * Draft a press blog entry to wrap around that material, for review
>> * and editing by the Red Hat staff before publication
>>
>> Here are some previous feature profile-related press blog entries from
>> the Fedora 13 cycle for comparison:
>>
>> http://press.redhat.com/2010/04/27/fedora-13-spotlight-feature-exploring-new-frontiers-of-python-development/
>> http://press.redhat.com/2010/04/20/fedora-13-spotlight-feature-networkmanager-gets-even-more-connected/
>>
>> Robyn -- the feature profiles page is here, but it looks to be blank:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_feature_profiles
>>
>> Can you remind us who's responsible for current feature profiles so we
>> can get this page filled in?

I am doing EC2, and jsmith is doing the mini-SIG profile. Those are
the only two we have slated, though I think it would be nice to also
do a profile on developer tool stuff.

If nobody else beats me to it I will fill it in during the marketing
meeting - I'm trying to pack for UTOSC (leaving tomorrow morning) and
get all the ducks in a row for "the things that happen when mommy is
gone and daddy is in charge for numerous days"

-Robyn

Old 10-05-2010, 08:26 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 11:36:32AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 6:23 AM, Kara Schiltz <kschiltz@redhat.com> wrote:
> > Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >> Hey Marketeers,
> >>
> >> I touched base with Kara Schiltz, re: our previous meeting, to see if
> >> there were any Thursdays free on the Red Hat press blog where we could
> >> pimp some of the Fedora 14 feature profiles. *Kara's going to respond
> >> back with some possible dates for publication we could target.
> >>
> > It looks like we could slot in additional feature profile blogs on Oct.
> > 21 and Oct. 28.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kara
> >> To do this, the responsible profile writer will need to:
> >>
> >> * Prepare some material for the wiki, such as a full-size interview
> >> * and possibly other writing (i.e. do the regular profile)
> >>
> >> * Draft a press blog entry to wrap around that material, for review
> >> * and editing by the Red Hat staff before publication
> >>
> >> Here are some previous feature profile-related press blog entries from
> >> the Fedora 13 cycle for comparison:
> >>
> >> http://press.redhat.com/2010/04/27/fedora-13-spotlight-feature-exploring-new-frontiers-of-python-development/
> >> http://press.redhat.com/2010/04/20/fedora-13-spotlight-feature-networkmanager-gets-even-more-connected/
> >>
> >> Robyn -- the feature profiles page is here, but it looks to be blank:
> >>
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_feature_profiles
> >>
> >> Can you remind us who's responsible for current feature profiles so we
> >> can get this page filled in?
>
> I am doing EC2, and jsmith is doing the mini-SIG profile. Those are
> the only two we have slated, though I think it would be nice to also
> do a profile on developer tool stuff.

If it helps -- I'm doing a press blog entry to go along with a video
covering some developer tool stuff. Will Cohen in Raleigh is going to
sit for an interview about the new gdb index stuff and brand-new
debugging tools that sound pretty cool even to a dummy like me. If I
recall correctly, that will be coming out 10/26.

> If nobody else beats me to it I will fill it in during the marketing
> meeting - I'm trying to pack for UTOSC (leaving tomorrow morning) and
> get all the ducks in a row for "the things that happen when mommy is
> gone and daddy is in charge for numerous days"

:-)

I hope you have a great time at UTOSC -- it's a fantastic event and I
enjoyed it a lot both years I previously attended.