-   -   F14 Beta announcement - Needs eyeballs! (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-marketing/432636-f14-beta-announcement-needs-eyeballs.html)

Robyn Bergeron 09-28-2010 05:11 AM

F14 Beta announcement - Needs eyeballs!

I've written up the Beta announcement, attempting to breathe a little
bit of life into it so it's not a carbon copy of the F13 announcement:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Beta_announcement

I would love some feedback and eyeballs ASAP, particularly around the
features (especially Spice!) to make sure I haven't goofed anything
up. If you want to polish, feel free to do that as well. :)

ALSO: I really, really need to figure out how / where to get / make
the referral links.

For example, the link to the F13 feature list looked like this:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/13/FeatureList?wkanF13b <----
how do I get more of this goodness to add to the Beta announcement??

(On that note, it'd be useful to know if we did anything as far as
looking at the referral links we utilized last time around; if nobody
is doing anything with that, we should figure out how to do something
with it, at least figure out if we have procured any interesting
information that way as far as where our traffic is coming from.)

Beta is TOMORROW (yay!!!) so, while I hate to pull the whole "fire
alarm because I'm running late" thing, well.... Fire Alarm because I'm
running late :)

Cheers,

Robyn

"Jared K. Smith" 09-28-2010 02:18 PM

F14 Beta announcement - Needs eyeballs!

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 1:11 AM, Robyn Bergeron
<robyn.bergeron@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've written up the Beta announcement, attempting to breathe a little
> bit of life into it so it's not a carbon copy of the F13 announcement:

Yay!

> I would love some feedback and eyeballs ASAP, particularly around the
> features (especially Spice!) to make sure I haven't goofed anything
> up. If you want to polish, feel free to do that as well. :)

I took a look at it, and am very happy with the way it turned out.

> ALSO: I really, really need to figure out how / where to get / make
> the referral links.

Mike McGrath pointed me to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Link_tracking, which has all the
relevant data.

> (On that note, it'd be useful to know if we did anything as far as
> looking at the referral links we utilized last time around; if nobody
> is doing anything with that, we should figure out how to do something
> with it, at least figure out if we have procured any interesting
> information that way as far as where our traffic is coming from.)

Good point!

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader

Larry Cafiero 09-28-2010 02:36 PM

F14 Beta announcement - Needs eyeballs!

Best line:

'Fedora 14 / Beta is for Carotene / Let's Push for Final!'

Did you come up with that one, Robyn?

Larry Cafiero

Larry Cafiero 09-28-2010 04:32 PM

F14 Beta announcement - Needs eyeballs!

Robyn and others --

I made some very minor edits that are all around tightening up the text (for example, "join us in blah blah blah" as opposed to "join us and participate . . . ." and things like that), but otherwise the page is great. +1 to Robyn.

Larry