Old 09-22-2010, 08:34 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Fedora 14 to use Upstart not systemd

Hi

As a quick reminder, we might have to update any marketing material regarding systemd

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Fedora-14-to-use-Upstart-not-systemd-1079435.html

Rahul

Old 09-22-2010, 12:20 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 02:04:06PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> As a quick reminder, we might have to update any marketing material
> regarding systemd
>
> http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Fedora-14-to-use-Upstart-not-systemd-1079435.html

I've turned the bullet in the talking points for systemd into a "tech
preview" and I recommend that we do the same with the Beta
announcement and any other documentation we're rolling out. That
would include the Release Notes produced by the Docs team, and the
"shiny, happy" one-page release notes that Marketing creates.

The official documentation should also include a note on how to turn
on systemd for people who want to live in it and help make it better
for Fedora 15, when I expect it'll become the default. It would be
great if we had official docs on managing it, but definitely no later
than F15.