-   -   Self-Introduction: Luis Alvarenga (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-marketing/415419-self-introduction-luis-alvarenga.html)

Luis Alvarenga 08-19-2010 08:31 PM

Self-Introduction: Luis Alvarenga

Hi, my name is Luis Alvarenga and I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. My Fedora Account System (FAS) username is lcralvarenga, and I am new to IRC and would like help getting started!

I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through the web site of Brazil Fedora Project , and am interested in joining because I really want contributing to growing of Fedora* Project in my country

This is the first FOSS project I have worked on!

This is the first Marketing project I have worked on!

My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing, include:

Marketing Skills – None, not yet. I have some theoretical knowledge about marketing, but no practical work. I am currently working with IT projects as project manager.

Other Skills –* Creative, organized, committed and with a great desire to learn and help in the development of the Fedora Project in my community.

I'd also like to learn through my involvement with the community, like learning about areas that interest me and would like to work on.

When I'm not working on Fedora, I am working at Value Team IT Consulting.

A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project are to help promote Fedora in Brazil in cooperation with the Brazil Fedora community, and also to help develop the local community through educating the public about Fedora.

Please help me get started!

Luis Alvarenga

Igor Pires Soares 08-20-2010 12:26 AM

Em Qui, 2010-08-19 s 17:31 -0300, Luis Alvarenga escreveu:
> A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project are to help promote
> Fedora in Brazil in cooperation with the Brazil Fedora community, and
> also to help develop the local community through educating the public
> about Fedora.
>
> Please help me get started!

Hello Luiz!

You might want to join us as a Fedora Ambassador [1], so you will be
able to get closer to other Brazilian ambassadors and help to promote
Fedora in Brazil. We don't have a mentor for Brazil right now, but I'm
sure that one of the mentors from Latin America will be glad to guide
you through. After getting your ambassador membership please subscribe
to the Brazilian ambassadors mailing list [2], as well as the
international mailing list [3].

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors

Igor Pires Soares
Fedora I18N/L10N QA