Old 05-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Mel Chua

Default Marketing meeting minutes 2010-05-25

Happy release day, everyone! Things all seem to be going well. Two notes
(from the minutes):

1. We should keep our eyes on community news sites, and try to respond
with useful information in a consistent, clear, and cordial way wherever
possible.

2. Use the link tracking for download and join links,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Link_tracking

That is all. Hurrah! Congratulations on a great release.

--Mel

Also on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings#2010.

Meeting summary
---------------
* HAPPY F13 RELEASE DAY! (mchua, 20:05:40)
* LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings#Agenda
(mchua, 20:06:16)
* LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Release_deliverables
(mchua, 20:07:03)
* We have... deliverables... WIN. Everything we needed to get done
before release is done and BEAUTIFUL. (mchua, 20:07:17)
* LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_one_page_release_notes
(mchua, 20:07:29)
* Still remaining for F13: keeping track of and responding to press,
press kit, post-mortem (mchua, 20:08:23)
* AGREED: F13 post-mortem to be next week's meeting (mchua, 20:10:16)
* leadership transition (mchua, 20:10:54)
* rbergeron will be the new Marketing Team lead starting with F14 -
"official" switch date June 1st (mchua, 20:11:39)
* mchua will still be around, but will be rbergeron's minion
(mchua, 20:11:50)

* Tickets! (mchua, 20:17:15)
* LINK:

https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&k eywords=%7Emeeting&order=priority
(mchua, 20:17:20)
* #84, #104 I will take point on - they're press kit stuff - to make
sure stickster has things before the Summit (mchua, 20:17:57)
* #92 - one page release notes - is done, closing (mchua, 20:18:14)
* #114 - f13 postmortem - is next week (mchua, 20:18:27)
* #115 - adding f14 milestones to trac - is administrivia, rbergeron
has it (and she and I will be pow-wowing after this meeting on
transition stuff in #fedora-mktg, for anyone who wants to ride
along) (mchua, 20:19:09)
* #113 no comments on Zonker's class... should we ping again? (mchua,
20:19:35)
* ACTION: mchua take a pass through jwb's log, post notes, wrap #113
(mchua, 20:22:46)
* 118 - clean up F13 deliverable SOPs... mchua plans on sprinting on
that towards the end of this week (mchua, 20:23:14)
* ACTION: mchua schedule time for sprinting on #118, announce to list
(mchua, 20:23:24)
* ACTION: mchua rbergeron look at trac tickets right after this
meeting during handoff sprint (mchua, 20:25:24)
* robyn would like to thank everyone for kicking ass on F13.
(rbergeron, 20:25:44)
* mchua +1 rbergeron! (mchua, 20:25:50)
* ACTION: everybody please get some rest (mchua, 20:27:09)
* LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Link_tracking (stickster,
20:28:06)
* We should keep our eyes on community news sites, and try to respond
with useful information in a consistent, clear, and cordial way
wherever possible (rbergeron, 20:29:10)
* Also, use the link tracking for download and join links (rbergeron,
20:29:20)
* LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Link_tracking (mchua,
20:29:43)

Meeting ended at 20:32:21 UTC.

Action Items
------------

Old 05-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Peter Robinson

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:08 PM, Mel Chua <mel@redhat.com> wrote:
> Happy release day, everyone! Things all seem to be going well. Two notes
> (from the minutes):
>
> 1. We should keep our eyes on community news sites, and try to respond
> with useful information in a consistent, clear, and cordial way wherever
> possible.
>
> 2. Use the link tracking for download and join links,
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Link_tracking
>
> That is all. Hurrah! Congratulations on a great release.

Just a side note to this for all. There _IS_ a Moblin spin, there was
unfortunately some hiccup along the lines which caused the image not
to be generated and hence not appear on the site. It will be appearing
at some point soon and it is official and it hasn't been dropped....
its just going to be fashionably late :-) So if people ask please let
them know to check back.

Cheers,
Peter