Old 05-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Mel Chua

Default One page release notes (and all pre-release deliverables) done!

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_one_page_release_notes

If anyone has an alternative shot for
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_one_page_release_notes#Help_make_Fedora.21
(we're reusing the one from last time) where (IMPORTANT!) *everyone* in
the photograph has signed a photo release, that would be fantastic.

Ian Weller is pulling out his Inkscape-fu and making us a pretty PDF
version tonight. Thanks, Ian!

Our remaining F13 deliverables (all for after the release date, mind you):

* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_marketing_postmortem (to-be-scheduled)
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_press_kit (for the Summit in mid-June)

We did it, everyone - take a look at the F13 column in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Release_deliverables, and be
very, very proud.

--Mel

Old 05-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 05/25/2010 01:44 AM, Mel Chua wrote:
> We did it, everyone - take a look at the F13 column in
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Release_deliverables, and be
> very, very proud.

I did some changes to the Fedora 13 announcement at

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_announcement

I would appreciate someone going through those changes carefully and
applying their editorial skills to them.

Rahul

Old 05-25-2010, 12:58 AM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 02:30:55AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 05/25/2010 01:44 AM, Mel Chua wrote:
> > We did it, everyone - take a look at the F13 column in
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Release_deliverables, and be
> > very, very proud.
> >

> I did some changes to the Fedora 13 announcement at
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_announcement
>
> I would appreciate someone going through those changes carefully and
> applying their editorial skills to them.

We really need to slim this announcement down. Every release, as the
final days approach, the text gets longer and longer. I'm concerned
that makes it increasingly unlikely to be read in its entirety. As
is, the document's not really suitable for emailing on a general list,
which means it's not functioning well as an announcement.

I'll edit down some of the text, but we really need to make more of an
effort to significantly differentiate this announcement from the
release notes and the one page release notes.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:08 AM
Robyn Bergeron

The link to the F14 feature list is dead - is this something we are
expecting to populate over the next day? If not, we should remove it.

On 5/24/10, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 02:30:55AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> On 05/25/2010 01:44 AM, Mel Chua wrote:
>> > We did it, everyone - take a look at the F13 column in
>> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Release_deliverables, and be
>> > very, very proud.
>> >

>> I did some changes to the Fedora 13 announcement at
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_announcement
>>
>> I would appreciate someone going through those changes carefully and
>> applying their editorial skills to them.
>
> We really need to slim this announcement down. Every release, as the
> final days approach, the text gets longer and longer. I'm concerned
> that makes it increasingly unlikely to be read in its entirety. As
> is, the document's not really suitable for emailing on a general list,
> which means it's not functioning well as an announcement.
>
> I'll edit down some of the text, but we really need to make more of an
> effort to significantly differentiate this announcement from the
> release notes and the one page release notes.
>
> --
> Paul W. Frields http://paul.frields.org/
> gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
> http://redhat.com/ - - - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
> Where open source multiplies: http://opensource.com

Sent from my mobile device

Old 05-25-2010, 01:19 AM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 06:08:05PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> The link to the F14 feature list is dead - is this something we are
> expecting to populate over the next day? If not, we should remove it.

Done.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 05/25/2010 06:28 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> We really need to slim this announcement down. Every release, as the
> final days approach, the text gets longer and longer. I'm concerned
> that makes it increasingly unlikely to be read in its entirety. As
> is, the document's not really suitable for emailing on a general list,
> which means it's not functioning well as an announcement.
>
> I'll edit down some of the text, but we really need to make more of an
> effort to significantly differentiate this announcement from the
> release notes and the one page release notes.

I am undoubtedly guilty of doing this but I err on the side of providing
more information than less when it comes to talking about changes.
There are some changes which I push to the release notes but it is
locked down fairly early in the release process for L10N and I find
users and press asking questions which I find important enough to
include in the announcement. What I do think i useful is to restate
some of the points in more briefly but I leave that process to editors
since it is quite hard for me to do it well. If there was a zero day
release notes update then perhaps I could push more into the release
notes. For example, I don't think yum-fs-snapshot plugin is actually
detailed in the release notes. I realized that just recently. I
search for that term in

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/index.html

The first search result redirects back to the home page which is very
confusing.

Rahul

Old 05-25-2010, 05:17 AM
Robyn Bergeron

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 6:19 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 06:08:05PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>> The link to the F14 feature list is dead - is this something we are
>> expecting to populate over the next day? If not, we should remove it.
>
> Done.

Thank you. I would have done it, but I wasn't sure if this was
intentional or not

Old 05-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Ian Weller

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 04:14:06PM -0400, Mel Chua wrote:
> Ian Weller is pulling out his Inkscape-fu and making us a pretty PDF
> version tonight. Thanks, Ian!

This is done.

https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/54/F13-onepage-relnotes.pdf

Note the timestamp of this email.