Old 05-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Garland Binns

Default Keyword Optimizations (Home, Download, & Help Pages)

Hi All,

This email is regarding the Keyword Optimization Project:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Keyword_optimization

Below are my recommendations for three pages, which are currently void of optimization for any keywords or phrases:

Suggested Keyword: Fedora Linux
Targeted Term: Linux
Global Monthly Search Volume for Target Term: 55.6 Million

Keyword: Fedora Linux Download
Targeted Term: Linux Download
Global Monthly Search Volume for Targeted Term: 1.2 Million

Keyword: Fedora Linux How To Get Help
Targeted Term: Linux How To
Global Monthly Search Volume for Targeted Term: 1 Million

Please let me know if you all have any questions or objections!

Definitions
URL is the page I recommend placing the keyword on.
Keyword is the term I recommend we optimize the page for.
Targeted Term is the keyword or phrase I am targeting as a result of the optimization.

Global Monthly Search Volume is the approximate average monthly number of search queries matching each keyword result. This statistic applies to searches performed on Google and their Search Network over a 12-month period.

--

Garland Binns: Fedora Project Contributor

Email: gbinns@fedoraproject.org | GPG: 236ABB13

Phone: (646) 867-2335 | Fax: (877) 329-3410

Twitter: twitter.com/garlandbinns

Wiki: fedoraproject.org/wiki/user:gbinns

Old 05-19-2010, 08:36 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:21:16PM -0500, Garland Binns wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This email is regarding the Keyword Optimization Project:
> [1]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Keyword_optimization
>
> Below are my recommendations for three pages, which are currently void of
> optimization for any keywords or phrases:

> Suggested Keyword: Fedora Linux
> Targeted Term: Linux
> Global Monthly Search Volume for Target Term: 55.6 Million

> Keyword: Fedora Linux Download
> Targeted Term: Linux Download
> Global Monthly Search Volume for Targeted Term: 1.2 Million

> Keyword: Fedora Linux How To Get Help
> Targeted Term: Linux How To
> Global Monthly Search Volume for Targeted Term: 1 Million
>
> Please let me know if you all have any questions or objections!
>
> Definitions
> URL is the page I recommend placing the keyword on.
> Keyword is the term I recommend we optimize the page for.
> Targeted Term is the keyword or phrase I am targeting as a result of the
> optimization.
> Global Monthly Search Volume is the approximate average monthly number of
> search queries matching each keyword result. This statistic applies to
> searches performed on Google and their Search Network over a 12-month
> period.

What specific changes do we have to make to enable these
optimizations?

Old 05-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Garland Binns

Hi Paul,
For each URL below, we would basically want to add the suggested keyword when/where applicable to the:Title TagMETA Description Tag (which do not currently exist)

H1 TagsH2 TagsAnchor TextALT TagsMy next step is to update the pages and submit them to the Websites Team so everything can be reviewed, revised, and/or approved prior to anything going live.

Sincerely,Garland
--

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:21:16PM -0500, Garland Binns wrote:> * *Hi All,>*> * *This email is regarding the Keyword Optimization Project:> * *[1]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Keyword_optimization

--*Paul W. Frields * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *http://paul.frields.org/