Old 05-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Luke Slater

Default An animal mascot for Fedora?

Hey everyone,

Should we have a think about Fedora maybe getting an animal mascot? We
have a great logo at the moment but I think people can relate more to
animals and it might give the project a more friendly feel? This kind
of thing has proven successful for a certain kernel as well as
distributions such as SuSE. Not to say we should just be copying the
other distributions ideas but I think they are onto something there.

We could have Sean the turtle. Why? Because I have a turtle named Sean
(http://i47.tinypic.com/r1bgj8.jpg) and I think someone could make a
nice SVG logo out of a turtle; plus, they would make good cuddly toys
which is good for merchandise. There has been some support for the
idea already when I asked in the Fedora group on Identica earlier.

I just thought I would mention it, what do you think?

Thanks a lot,

--
Luke Slater
:O)

Old 05-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Sven von Brand Laredo

On 05/18/2010 06:58 PM, Luke Slater wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Should we have a think about Fedora maybe getting an animal mascot? We
> have a great logo at the moment but I think people can relate more to
> animals and it might give the project a more friendly feel? This kind
> of thing has proven successful for a certain kernel as well as
> distributions such as SuSE. Not to say we should just be copying the
> other distributions ideas but I think they are onto something there.

This topic arises from time to time, there's a wiki page dedicated to
mascots, have you seen it?
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/Mascot

> We could have Sean the turtle. Why? Because I have a turtle named Sean
> (http://i47.tinypic.com/r1bgj8.jpg) and I think someone could make a
> nice SVG logo out of a turtle; plus, they would make good cuddly toys
> which is good for merchandise. There has been some support for the
> idea already when I asked in the Fedora group on Identica earlier.
>
> I just thought I would mention it, what do you think?
>
> Thanks a lot,

Greeting

--
Sven von Brand