Old 05-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Mel Chua

Default Help us get screenshots for the one-page release notes!

We need screenshots for
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_one_page_release_notes - can anyone
help? This is a good task for a newcomer to pick up. Robyn and I are
both in the middle of things that prevent us from easily upgrading to
F13 this week, and we'd love some help.

Here's how to help:

* Upgrade to F13 (beta, I reckon) or install the f13 artwork package
(does anyone recall the name?)
* Accessories > Take screenshot (then take the screenshot!)
* Upload the resulting image to the wiki
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Upload)
* Email the resulting link to the file(s) to this list.

Others can clean it up and put it into the one-pager (I'm willing to do
that by default).

Screenshots we need:

* Color management feature
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ColorManagement#How_To_Test) OR
a photo of someone with a snazzy-looking digital camera looking very
serious about taking pictures next to their computer running Fedora

* boot.fedoraproject.org (we can use http://boot.fedoraproject.org/ if
needed, so this is low-priority*

* a NetBeans screenshot
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NetBeans_6.8#How_To_Test)

* An illustrative Python screenshot
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/EasierPythonDebugging#How_To_Test
or
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SystemtapStaticProbes#How_To_Test,
or https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python3F13#How_To_Test -
something as graphical and snazzy as possible)

Photos we need:

* Someone using a printer for the "Easy Print" section

* Someone playing a game with 3D (maybe something from
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/games/) for the "Video Drivers" section

* Pictures of programmers/sysadmins working together

* Someone doing graphic design (as an alternative to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F13-spin-design.png, since we used
that shot for F12)

* General shots of community members, both a group shot (or shots) for
the "help make Fedora!" section at the bottom (the F12 photo was
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Bytecode-posse_fudconberlin09.png)
and shots of individuals for the banner at the top (the current ones
used are from the F12 one-page release notes Spanish translation).

Thanks!

--Mel

Old 05-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Luke Slater

On 18 May 2010 20:45, Mel Chua <mel@redhat.com> wrote:
> We need screenshots for
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_one_page_release_notes - can anyone
> help? This is a good task for a newcomer to pick up. Robyn and I are
> both in the middle of things that prevent us from easily upgrading to
> F13 this week, and we'd love some help.
>
> Here's how to help:
>
> * Upgrade to F13 (beta, I reckon) or install the f13 artwork package
> (does anyone recall the name?)
> * Accessories > Take screenshot (then take the screenshot!)
> * Upload the resulting image to the wiki
> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Upload)
> * Email the resulting link to the file(s) to this list.
>
> Others can clean it up and put it into the one-pager (I'm willing to do
> that by default).
>
> Screenshots we need:
>
> * Color management feature
> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ColorManagement#How_To_Test) OR
> a photo of someone with a snazzy-looking digital camera looking very
> serious about taking pictures next to their computer running Fedora
>
> * boot.fedoraproject.org (we can use http://boot.fedoraproject.org/ if
> needed, so this is low-priority*
>
> * a NetBeans screenshot
> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NetBeans_6.8#How_To_Test)
>
> * An illustrative Python screenshot
> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/EasierPythonDebugging#How_To_Test
> or
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SystemtapStaticProbes#How_To_Test,
> or https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python3F13#How_To_Test -
> something as graphical and snazzy as possible)
>
> Photos we need:
>
> * Someone using a printer for the "Easy Print" section
>
> * Someone playing a game with 3D (maybe something from
> http://spins.fedoraproject.org/games/) for the "Video Drivers" section
>
> * Pictures of programmers/sysadmins working together
>
> * Someone doing graphic design (as an alternative to
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F13-spin-design.png, since we used
> that shot for F12)
>
> * General shots of community members, both a group shot (or shots) for
> the "help make Fedora!" section at the bottom (the F12 photo was
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Bytecode-posse_fudconberlin09.png)
> and shots of individuals for the banner at the top (the current ones
> used are from the F12 one-page release notes Spanish translation).
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Mel

Hey,

I would be happy to provide KDE screenshots if you need them, or are
you only after ones for GNOME?

If so, I would need the name of the F13 art package!

Thanks,

--
Luke Slater
:O)

Old 05-19-2010, 03:58 AM
Mel Chua

Luke, Gerard, David, Tatica, and Nelson are awesome. Behold the
still-in-progress glory of
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_one_page_release_notes!

We still need the following - existing screenshots/photos are also ok!
(Folks going to the FAD this week, perhaps some people-snapshots can be
taken there?)

Old 05-19-2010, 04:21 AM
Robyn Bergeron

I will see if I can get some awesome FAD action shots.

-robyn

On 5/18/10, Mel Chua <mel@redhat.com> wrote:
> Luke, Gerard, David, Tatica, and Nelson are awesome. Behold the
> still-in-progress glory of
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_one_page_release_notes!
>
> We still need the following - existing screenshots/photos are also ok!
> (Folks going to the FAD this week, perhaps some people-snapshots can be
> taken there?)
>
>>> * a NetBeans screenshot
>>> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NetBeans_6.8#How_To_Test)
>>>
>>> * An illustrative Python screenshot
>>> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/EasierPythonDebugging#How_To_Test
>>> or
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SystemtapStaticProbes#How_To_Test,
>>> or https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python3F13#How_To_Test -
>>> something as graphical and snazzy as possible)
>>>
>>> Photos we need:
>>>
>>> * Someone using a printer for the "Easy Print" section
>>>
>>> * Someone playing a game with 3D (maybe something from
>>> http://spins.fedoraproject.org/games/) for the "Video Drivers" section
>>>
>>> * Pictures of programmers/sysadmins
>>>
>>> * Someone doing graphic design (as an alternative to
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F13-spin-design.png, since we used
>>> that shot for F12)
>>>
>>> * General shots of community members, both a group shot (or shots) for
>>> the "help make Fedora!" section at the bottom (the F12 photo was
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Bytecode-posse_fudconberlin09.png)
>>> and shots of individuals for the banner at the top (the current ones
>>> used are from the F12 one-page release notes Spanish translation).
>
> --Mel

Sent from my mobile device

Old 05-19-2010, 04:23 AM
Mel Chua

On 05/19/2010 12:21 AM, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> I will see if I can get some awesome FAD action shots.
>
> -robyn

Awesome. This just in: Ian Weller offered last week to do layout, so we
have a deadline of end-of-Friday to get all the screenshots in, because
Saturday is the last day he can work to turn this all into a pretty PDF.

So folks, we have a due date.

--Mel

Old 05-20-2010, 02:58 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Perhaps it is a bit late now but it would be nice to show off some of
the new desktop apps: pino, shotwell and simple-scan

Rahul