Old 05-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Robyn Bergeron

Default "Beta" One-page release notes - on deliverables / schedule

Everyone -

You've all probably seen the deliverable item of "Beta One-Page
release notes" (seen here on the always-awesome F13 schedule,
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-13/f-13-marketing-tasks.html
--- as well as in Trac at
https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/92).

My feeling on this is that it is somewhat confusing wording. Is it one
page release notes for the Beta release? Is it a final version of the
first cut of the Real one page release notes?

I took it as the latter (basically - it was .8 of one page release
notes - Not one-page-release-notes to accompany the beta release). I
don't know if this is correct. If I'm wrong, correct me - otherwise,
I'd like to propose that we get rid of this deliverable "task" - since
the one page release notes are pretty much in beta / development from
the time we start until the time we definitively say we are done.

Thoughts?

-Robyn

Old 05-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Matthew Jadud

Hi Robyn,

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 17:47, Robyn Bergeron <robyn.bergeron@gmail.com> wrote:
> I took it as the latter (basically - it was .8 of one page release
> notes - Not one-page-release-notes to accompany the beta release). I

I think this is the correct interpretation.

> the one page release notes are pretty much in beta / development from
> the time we start until the time we definitively say we are done.

I suspect the student team that was contributing may be mostly not
engaged at this point, having left for the semester by now. They may
still be on the list, though, and have some input.

I have so many lessons learned from this project... I'm looking
forward to debriefing/discussing some of those lessons.

Hope that helps,
Matt