FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Marketing

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Nelson Marques
 
Default GNOME Journal Article - Info Request

Hey,

I am owning 1 article to the GNOME Journal. Since the theming for those
articles are mainly GNOME related, I would like to make an article
called: "GNOME Desktop in Fedora 13 Goddard".

This article would be based on Fedora 13's GNOME, highlighting some of
our feature profiles and bringing a new insight about Fedora and GNOME.

This could be interesting either for Fedora and also for GNOME.

Besides being published on the GNOME Journal, I would like also to make
it available on our wiki. I assume the licensing is compatible.

I would also like to know from you, marketing people, how we should
represent our bonds with GNOME and GNOME Foundation.

I really would like to push this forward, either as a form of
advertising Fedora, and of course, GNOME...

I don't know if we have our own publication, but in case we do, it
could be nice also to make it available for it.

I also would like to request a volunteer from this list to make me
corrections on English, grammar etc before submitting it into GNOME
Journal. I'm planning to submit it on behalf of myself and marketing
team.

As always, any comments, suggestions are to be considered.

Thanks all.

nelson


--
Nelson Marques
Evil Clown (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/evilclown.htm)

--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 04-30-2010, 05:13 PM
wonderer
 
Default GNOME Journal Article - Info Request

Hy,
> Besides being published on the GNOME Journal, I would like also to make
> it available on our wiki. I assume the licensing is compatible.
>
Thats a good idea. As far as I could see this at
http://www.gnomejournal.org/ at the bottom all content seem to be
"Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License."
This seem to be a CC-License, but I definitly would ask you to make that
point clear and what are the differences between "Creative Commons
Attribution-Share Alike 3.0" and "Creative Commons Attribution-Share
Alike 3.0 United States License".

That would be an advise to all Contributors who wants to write an
article on some kind of publication outside the Fedoraproject (e.g.
magazines, local press, weblogs, e-magazines, etc.) to check BEFORE the
publication under which license this is. Some magazines have exclusive
rights for their prints as a standard licence and you have to ask for
other usages outside.
> I would also like to know from you, marketing people, how we should
> represent our bonds with GNOME and GNOME Foundation.
>
GNOME is the Standard Desktop in the Standard Live CD and Install DVD,
so ...



mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer@fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6 3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0




--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 04-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Nelson Marques
 
Default GNOME Journal Article - Info Request

People,

I know everyone is buried in deep work and I do understand it, but I'm
going to be a bit selfish and ask something from you:

People using GNOME, please reply with a short 3 to 5 lines personal
review of GNOME. Why you use it and why you would recommend using it.


I'm going to place this information on a small "Testimonials" part on
my article for the GNOME Journal.

Thanks.


On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 17:06 +0100, Nelson Marques wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I am owning 1 article to the GNOME Journal. Since the theming for those
> articles are mainly GNOME related, I would like to make an article
> called: "GNOME Desktop in Fedora 13 Goddard".
>
> This article would be based on Fedora 13's GNOME, highlighting some of
> our feature profiles and bringing a new insight about Fedora and GNOME.
>
> This could be interesting either for Fedora and also for GNOME.
>
> Besides being published on the GNOME Journal, I would like also to make
> it available on our wiki. I assume the licensing is compatible.
>
> I would also like to know from you, marketing people, how we should
> represent our bonds with GNOME and GNOME Foundation.
>
> I really would like to push this forward, either as a form of
> advertising Fedora, and of course, GNOME...
>
> I don't know if we have our own publication, but in case we do, it
> could be nice also to make it available for it.
>
> I also would like to request a volunteer from this list to make me
> corrections on English, grammar etc before submitting it into GNOME
> Journal. I'm planning to submit it on behalf of myself and marketing
> team.
>
> As always, any comments, suggestions are to be considered.
>
> Thanks all.
>
> nelson
>
>
> --
> Nelson Marques
> Evil Clown (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/evilclown.htm)
>

--
Nelson Marques
Evil Clown (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/evilclown.htm)

--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 04-30-2010, 09:30 PM
Nelson Marques
 
Default GNOME Journal Article - Info Request

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/GNOME_in_Fedora13

I'm developing my article there and it is something like a personal
review.

Feel free to take a look and eventually if you believe that something
else could be there, let me know.

I'm planning to do this and submit it as our Team's Work, despite on who
makes it. I think it will benefit Fedora more that way.

By the way feel free to safe-guard our own position as project and of
course, this is not only an article about GNOME, but about Fedora as
well, in fact, I will to make it look like as a perfect symbiosis.

nelson.


On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 17:06 +0100, Nelson Marques wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I am owning 1 article to the GNOME Journal. Since the theming for those
> articles are mainly GNOME related, I would like to make an article
> called: "GNOME Desktop in Fedora 13 Goddard".
>
> This article would be based on Fedora 13's GNOME, highlighting some of
> our feature profiles and bringing a new insight about Fedora and GNOME.
>
> This could be interesting either for Fedora and also for GNOME.
>
> Besides being published on the GNOME Journal, I would like also to make
> it available on our wiki. I assume the licensing is compatible.
>
> I would also like to know from you, marketing people, how we should
> represent our bonds with GNOME and GNOME Foundation.
>
> I really would like to push this forward, either as a form of
> advertising Fedora, and of course, GNOME...
>
> I don't know if we have our own publication, but in case we do, it
> could be nice also to make it available for it.
>
> I also would like to request a volunteer from this list to make me
> corrections on English, grammar etc before submitting it into GNOME
> Journal. I'm planning to submit it on behalf of myself and marketing
> team.
>
> As always, any comments, suggestions are to be considered.
>
> Thanks all.
>
> nelson
>
>
> --
> Nelson Marques
> Evil Clown (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/evilclown.htm)
>

--
Nelson Marques
Evil Clown (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/evilclown.htm)

--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:54 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org