Old 04-29-2010, 11:29 AM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default Hardware enablements in Fedora 13

As mentioned in last week's meeting, next Tuesday the Red Hat press
blog will include the entry concerning hardware enablements. I'd like
to link to this page for information on the expanded set of hardware
related user features:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Hardware_enablements_in_Fedora_13

Is more content imminent on this page? I need to turn in the draft
this morning and I'd love to be able to write some more context around
the link to our interviews if so.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Robyn Bergeron

I'm putting it on the wiki right now. The whole "wiki not on" last
night was sort of detrimental to doing so

Old 04-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Robyn Bergeron

Interview content is up; making a more content-ish portion above now.
I'll swing back through the interview portions again; I need to make
sure it's all wiki-friendly as far as links and other formatting go.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Robyn Bergeron

Random thought, while I'm thinking about it:

We should consider, next cycle, doing a similar feature profile - but
maybe have it be first up, or have it out even earlier. It would
really be a great way to highlight not just the feature profile - but
also to draw some attention to the test days that accompany some of
these features. "How can YOU help make these features even better?
Come to XYZ Test day!"

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 5:04 AM, Robyn Bergeron

Old 04-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Robyn Bergeron

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 4:29 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> As mentioned in last week's meeting, next Tuesday the Red Hat press
> blog will include the entry concerning hardware enablements. *I'd like
> to link to this page for information on the expanded set of hardware
> related user features:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Hardware_enablements_in_Fedora_13
>
> Is more content imminent on this page? *I need to turn in the draft
> this morning and I'd love to be able to write some more context around
> the link to our interviews if so.

Everything is up now. As always, more eyeballs are great - everyone
take a look if you get a moment and make sure I'm not missing
anything.

(I am missing a line from Ben about "who are you, what do you do" -
I've mailed him to get that info, so hopefully I should get that back
at some point in the next day.)

Thanks,

Robyn

Old 04-29-2010, 02:34 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 05:47:45AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> Random thought, while I'm thinking about it:
>
> We should consider, next cycle, doing a similar feature profile - but
> maybe have it be first up, or have it out even earlier. It would
> really be a great way to highlight not just the feature profile - but
> also to draw some attention to the test days that accompany some of
> these features. "How can YOU help make these features even better?
> Come to XYZ Test day!"

This is an excellent idea. Test day schedules are made fairly well in
advance, so it's possible for the Marketing team to look at that
schedule, pick out some groovy features, and then plan a marketing
push around each one.

This is something that the QA team is very keen to have going on --
good cross-team collaboration, but also strengthening the audience at
their test days. The Marketing team should try to build on that
audience not just with feature profiles, but also with social media
that reaches a lot of people, especially since the Test Days provide
everything needed to participate, including an ISO image.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:34 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 07:07:00AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 4:29 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> > As mentioned in last week's meeting, next Tuesday the Red Hat press
> > blog will include the entry concerning hardware enablements. *I'd like
> > to link to this page for information on the expanded set of hardware
> > related user features:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Hardware_enablements_in_Fedora_13
> >
> > Is more content imminent on this page? *I need to turn in the draft
> > this morning and I'd love to be able to write some more context around
> > the link to our interviews if so.
>
> Everything is up now. As always, more eyeballs are great - everyone
> take a look if you get a moment and make sure I'm not missing
> anything.
>
> (I am missing a line from Ben about "who are you, what do you do" -
> I've mailed him to get that info, so hopefully I should get that back
> at some point in the next day.)

This is great stuff, Robyn -- thanks!

Old 04-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Robyn Bergeron

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 7:34 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 05:47:45AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>> Random thought, while I'm thinking about it:
>>
>> We should consider, next cycle, doing a similar feature profile - but
>> maybe have it be first up, or have it out even earlier. *It would
>> really be a great way to highlight not just the feature profile - but
>> also to draw some attention to the test days that accompany some of
>> these features. *"How can YOU help make these features even better?
>> Come to XYZ Test day!"
>
> This is an excellent idea. *Test day schedules are made fairly well in
> advance, so it's possible for the Marketing team to look at that
> schedule, pick out some groovy features, and then plan a marketing
> push around each one.
>
> This is something that the QA team is very keen to have going on --
> good cross-team collaboration, but also strengthening the audience at
> their test days. *The Marketing team should try to build on that
> audience not just with feature profiles, but also with social media
> that reaches a lot of people, especially since the Test Days provide
> everything needed to participate, including an ISO image.

I copied this idea / email link to the [[Marketing_brain_dump]] so we
can incorporate it in the F14 marketing plan. Which gets done as soon
as we finish one page release notes! wooooot

Old 04-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Robyn Bergeron

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 7:34 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 07:07:00AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 4:29 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > As mentioned in last week's meeting, next Tuesday the Red Hat press
>> > blog will include the entry concerning hardware enablements. *I'd like
>> > to link to this page for information on the expanded set of hardware
>> > related user features:
>> >
>> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Hardware_enablements_in_Fedora_13
>> >
>> > Is more content imminent on this page? *I need to turn in the draft
>> > this morning and I'd love to be able to write some more context around
>> > the link to our interviews if so.
>>
>> Everything is up now. *As always, more eyeballs are great - everyone
>> take a look if you get a moment and make sure I'm not missing
>> anything.
>>
>> (I am missing a line from Ben about "who are you, what do you do" -
>> I've mailed him to get that info, so hopefully I should get that back
>> at some point in the next day.)
>
> This is great stuff, Robyn -- thanks!

Ben's info is now plugged into the interview.