FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Marketing

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-28-2010, 07:23 AM
Manuel Escudero
 
Default Self-Introduction: (Manuel Escudero)

Hello, My Name is Manuel Escudero and I'm from Mexico, I live in Mexico City. My Fedora Account System username is jmlevick and my IRC nick is jmlevick too, (Almost all my Nicks are jmlevick: Gmail, Google Wave, Skype no, I changed it, but it used to be "jmlevick" too)

I learned about the Fedora Marketing Team Trough the Wiki, while I was looking for something to contribute in, so I was interested in Joining because I'm a "People Person" and I like this kind of stuff.

I've Worked in Open Source and/or Free Software Projects in the past. Almost all of the projects I've worked on were started by me because I'm in charge of the Xenode Systems Project (A Registered Brand Here at my Country) But talking about Free Software, There's only one really important: The Devlexo Linux Distro. I worked in this distro because I wanted to make something for the Old PC's so, it's very good for slow old computers and it's based in OpenSUSE.


The other projects are not Open Source but they are all free. I mostly build Webapps based on Google App Engine, the Google API's and Adobe AIR, But I also enjoy building free Software for Windows, Linux and Mac OS (Like my Cross-Platform Web Browser based on Google Chrome)

I've also worked in other Marketing Projects in the past, for my own company most of the time working with the publicity, logos/designs and some strategies to get the company "up" in the Internet.


My Skills, wich I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing include:


- Good "People Skills" (Like convincing, selling and stuff like that), I also like to solve problems and I'm good at that field, I also like to help people to feel more comfortable in their Workflows.


- Other Skills: I like to create publicity strategies that are really good to get into a Wider Audience, I'm Pacient, Like to work hard and I'm also very charismatic and I'm good in get productivity high in some ways.


- I'd also Like to Learn how the Linux Community uses to work and organize, what can we do as a really big team and how we can improve the Linux World for all the people.


When I'm not working for Fedora, I'm usually in the School or working for Xenode Systems. I like to play the guitar, sing, sometimes read or write texts about Life in my Knol. I also like writting for the Xenode Systems Blog and I like to spread the "Linux Word" around the world, Between friends, family and other people I know. Sometimes I repair computers as a Hobby and I like to convince people of using Linux. A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project are becoming fedora into the most used Linux distribution of the world because it's great and I'd also like to see some improvements in fedora such as in the hardware support part and in the pre-installed packages. I'm very interested in carry Linux into the schools and some other public places to get the people used to it, specially to Fedora.


I was wondering about the future you as a team have planned for fedora in all the major aspects.


I would like to share with you my most recent Linux Anecdote, it is some kind of report about the FlisoL Here in México City:


"Today took place FlisoL here in Mexico City as well as in Monterrey, I went to the ITESM campus (In Coyoacán) and initially it was half ugly because when I arrived to the conference it was a little late and the Conference which I wanted to get was knida "cancelled".*

Then, I had to wait until 3: 00 pm to join into another one that I was interested in. (it was 11: 00 am at the time) So I decided to go to the cinema to watch a movie and return at 3 o' Clock; Unfortunately I was late and I arrived at the 4: 00 pm Conference, the last, that was about music in Linux and free software. Not many people entered but was entertaining because they began giving an introduction to a sheet music MIDI editor, and when the doubts "arrived" and the speaker was in problems I started to resolve them There was a point where they turned off the computer and practically I devoted myself to talk about Linux, and what you can do with it, everything we do as Fedora users and some of my projects of Xenode Systems. Between questions and questions, I took the rest of the Conference evangelizing people about Linux and I had fun enough, also I devoted myself to speak for example about the taboo of "Ubuntu" as the easier distribution in general supporting *RPM Distros, (Obviously Fedora in the most cases) and how Linux is able to cover all the capabilities of Windows and Mac in some areas offering up more. So I was solving the speaker questions and who attended ones in General, talking about issues not only in the musical field


I hope that in the future *I can enjoy more events... Thanks to the Fedora Community for allowing me to be awared about them."
And I would also Like to talk you about my most recent projects and plans:


Little time ago, I builted a Webapp called "Tux-Cellar" My work team and I want to build a Community Around the app itself, because is builted for Linux Propouses (It's Like a Social Search Engine for Linux Binaries Like ".DEB", ".RPM", "APTICONS" and others), so begining with this, we started having Ideas, I might work in a New Fedora Spin and a Desktop Client for a APTICONS REPO... Some other Jewels of my webapp collection are the webproxy Calyphrox and SkyDirect, an app that uses an unnofficial SkyDrive API to create little permanent direct download Links for your hosted files of that server.


In the past I've also "tried out" some google products like Google App Engine and Google Wave in ther "Dev Previews", and well, I think that's all. More important stuff about me can be found here:*https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jmlevick


Thanks! Please Help me to Get Started!!
Have a Nice Day


--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052
@GWave: jmlevick@googlewave.com
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)


PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31 *1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6


--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 04-28-2010, 08:19 AM
Nelson Marques
 
Default Self-Introduction: (Manuel Escudero)

Welcome,

Nelson Marques, Portuguese and I'm also a contributor for Fedora
Marketing.

I hope you enjoy the time with us.

Kindest Regards,
Nelson Marques.


On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 02:23 -0500, Manuel Escudero wrote:
> Hello, My Name is Manuel Escudero and I'm from Mexico, I live in
> Mexico City. My Fedora Account System username is jmlevick and my IRC
> nick is jmlevick too, (Almost all my Nicks are jmlevick: Gmail, Google
> Wave, Skype no, I changed it, but it used to be "jmlevick" too) I
> learned about the Fedora Marketing Team Trough the Wiki, while I was
> looking for something to contribute in, so I was interested in Joining
> because I'm a "People Person" and I like this kind of stuff. I've
> Worked in Open Source and/or Free Software Projects in the past.
> Almost all of the projects I've worked on were started by me because
> I'm in charge of the Xenode Systems Project (A Registered Brand Here
> at my Country) But talking about Free Software, There's only one
> really important: The Devlexo Linux Distro. I worked in this distro
> because I wanted to make something for the Old PC's so, it's very good
> for slow old computers and it's based in OpenSUSE.
>
>
--
Nelson Marques
Evil Clown (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/evilclown.htm)

--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 04-29-2010, 04:10 AM
Mel Chua
 
Default Self-Introduction: (Manuel Escudero)

On 04/28/2010 03:23 AM, Manuel Escudero wrote:
> Hello, My Name is Manuel Escudero and I'm from Mexico, I live in Mexico
> City. My Fedora Account System username is jmlevick

Welcome, Manuel! I've sponsored your membership in the Marketing FAS group.

> I was wondering about the future you as a team have planned for fedora
> in all the major aspects.

Fedora (both the Marketing team and the project as a whole) tends to be
a place where planning happens from the bottom-up more than the top-down
- several people sharing ideas, saying "oh, I'm also interested in
that!" and then teaming up to make it happen. You can see some of the
ideas people are working on now at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Projects, but also please feel
free to propose your own ideas and areas of interest, or team up with
others - for instance, perhaps you'd be interested in working with Robyn
on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_research, or with Garland on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Keyword_optimization.

> I would like to share with you my most recent Linux Anecdote, it is some
> kind of report about the FlisoL Here in México City:

It sounds like you may also be interested in the Ambassadors team,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors. They are the team in Fedora
that goes out to events and represents Fedora at conferences.

You mentioned interest in doing a spin - perhaps you'd be interested in
working on making marketing resources for spins as a whole? (Doing your
own spin and showcasing its marketing as an example, then showing how
other spins can do the same, is a great way to start.) Our current spins
site is http://spins.fedoraproject.org, and the Spins SIG
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Spins) can answer other (more
technical) questions about the spin creation process.

You're also joining at an exciting time; we are just a few weeks away
from the Fedora 13 release date (May 18), and are finishing up our
release deliverables
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Release_deliverables - not all
of them have been documented yet). One thing that would be great to
have, that we did last time, is a localization of the one page release
notes (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_one_page_release_notes). They
are not finished yet, but you can see the ones from the last release
cycle (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_one_page_release_notes)
as well as the translation
(http://proyectofedora.org/wiki/Conoce_Fedora_12, thank you Neville and
Tatica!) Is this something you might be interested in working on?

If you're available on IRC during our Marketing Meeting times
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings, 20:00 UTC in
#fedora-mktg), those are great times to listen in on what's going on and
jump in to help. But also drop by anytime - many of us are often around
the #fedora-mktg channel at nearly any hour of the day and eager to help
new folks get started. If you're new to IRC, see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/IRCHowTo or just ask on this
list (we take questions here too!)

Cheers, and welcome - hope to see you around!

--Mel (mchua on IRC)
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 05-02-2010, 04:56 AM
Mel Chua
 
Default Self-Introduction: (Manuel Escudero)

On 05/02/2010 12:20 AM, Manuel Escudero wrote:
> Ok... Thank's for the Information... In fact, I'm Joining to the
> Marketing group because that's one of the tasks that I need to
> accomplish in order to get into the ambassadors group, I really want to
> Join to the ambassadors group so I'm working with a mentor to get that
> happen... Now that I'm inside of the Marketing group I wanna know in how
> other ways I can help Fedora being in this group, is there a task queue
> or something like that? I'll try to reach you trough the IRC, Again, Thanks.

Forwarding to the team list, so that others can see questions and help
reach out.

We have a ticket queue at
https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/report/1 which has some tasks
that may be useful to pick up. However, this isn't the most up-to-date
place (unfortunately) and we could definitely do a better job of keeping
it triaged.

What I would suggest is taking a look at some of the more specific
subprojects and deliverables - I've listed 3 below, going from less
specific ("look at the projects list!") to more specific ("find a way
to localize the F13 one-page release notes for your region once the
content there is finished.")

Anyone have a specific task they'd like a hand on? I'm mostly thinking
about deliverables these days, myself, so my mind is on the one-page
release notes.

--Mel

> Fedora (both the Marketing team and the project as a whole) tends to
> be a place where planning happens from the bottom-up more than the
> top-down - several people sharing ideas, saying "oh, I'm also
> interested in that!" and then teaming up to make it happen. You can
> see some of the ideas people are working on now at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Projects, but also please
> feel free to propose your own ideas and areas of interest, or team
> up with others - for instance, perhaps you'd be interested in
> working with Robyn on
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_research, or with Garland
> on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Keyword_optimization.

> You mentioned interest in doing a spin - perhaps you'd be interested
> in working on making marketing resources for spins as a whole?
> (Doing your own spin and showcasing its marketing as an example,
> then showing how other spins can do the same, is a great way to
> start.) Our current spins site is http://spins.fedoraproject.org,
> and the Spins SIG (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Spins) can
> answer other (more technical) questions about the spin creation process.

> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Release_deliverables - not
> all of them have been documented yet). One thing that would be great
> to have, that we did last time, is a localization of the one page
> release notes
> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_one_page_release_notes). They
> are not finished yet, but you can see the ones from the last release
> cycle
> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_one_page_release_notes) as
> well as the translation
> (http://proyectofedora.org/wiki/Conoce_Fedora_12, thank you Neville
> and Tatica!) Is this something you might be interested in working on?
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:05 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org