Old 04-28-2010, 01:07 AM
Nelson Marques

Default Test Day promotion help

On such a short notice? 8)
This with some time could be fun with a well placed campaign that with
Ambassadorial support could be a win.

What do you require?

nelson

--
Nelson Marques
Evil Clown (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/evilclown.htm)

Old 04-28-2010, 01:34 AM
Nelson Marques

Adam,

I will make a small brochure thinking on upcoming events, something
that can be re-usable, mostly to support ambassadorial work on this.

In addition I'll make a small text like a call-to-arms (not using
military speech, taking a more community centered approach) and spread
the word around.

I'll try to get it through some sites with good communities to prospect
for enthusiasts.

Within 24 hours I should have accomplished both tasks, a small
mobilization text and a brochure. I'll submit it here on the list,
commit any changes that you find relevant and the final word for "GO" is
yours.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:40 AM
"Neville A. Cross"

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Nelson Marques <07721@ipam.pt> wrote:

> On such a short notice? 8)
> This with some time could be fun with a well placed campaign that with
> Ambassadorial support could be a win.
>
> What do you require?
>
> nelson

I also think it is to short notice to ask for help. What I would
suggest is to blog about what cool things happened last test day and
invite to share this adventure for the upcoming test day. Make sure
the blog is linked to fedora planet.

Best regards

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217

Old 04-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Nelson Marques

Adam,

Don't really know if this suits your needs, but feel free to check this
out (re-made from a previous document from John Spevack):

http://nmarques.fedorapeople.org/fedora/QA/fedora-qa.odt
http://nmarques.fedorapeople.org/fedora/QA/fedora-qa.pdf

The ODT is editable so any changes can be done. Please inform me if
that's what you had in mind or of any eventual changes you want made. I
can make those available in Portuguese as well, but it seems redundant
to me. I believe they can also be used for later events with minor
edits.

Anything related to that, feel free to ring my bell.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Adam Williamson

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 02:07 +0100, Nelson Marques wrote:
> On such a short notice? 8)
> This with some time could be fun with a well placed campaign that with
> Ambassadorial support could be a win.
>
> What do you require?

Yep, I know it was short notice. There's at least one Test Day per week
(sometimes two) so there is little time to build up a sophisticated
campaign around any one, that wasn't my thinking; I just hoped you could
help by posting blogs about the events, or by contacting groups you know
who may be interested, or sending the news to relevant sites, simple
things like that.

There's certainly the possibility to do something more sophisticated and
longer-term about the Test Day process in general, if you are interested
in that - we look at the Test Days as running in groups associated with
a particular release, so these are the last two Test Days of the Fedora
13 cycle, then there'll be a break for some weeks for the final Fedora
13 sprint, then we'll start up again with Fedora 14 Test Days. So
there's certainly time to do some more general marketing for F14 Test
Days.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 04-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Adam Williamson

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 22:40 -0600, Neville A. Cross wrote:

> I also think it is to short notice to ask for help. What I would
> suggest is to blog about what cool things happened last test day and
> invite to share this adventure for the upcoming test day. Make sure
> the blog is linked to fedora planet.

Thanks for the suggestion! We already have that one covered, though (we
have at least one FP blog cover each Test Day).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 04-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Nelson Marques

I'll be attending the XFCE testing day, maybe not in full, but a part of
it

Then I'll get the feeling on how it works and can for sure work in
something that in the future QA can take advantage from it.

As for spreading the word, that seems Ambassadorial work, they have more
knowledge on communities than I do.

Anyway I've pulled a small brochure, nothing fancy... Though it seems
useless...

If you have time we can speak a bit on the irc one of this days so I can
get the feeling on how we can help better QA (after release).

nelson

Old 04-29-2010, 02:54 AM
Mel Chua

On 04/28/2010 04:17 AM, Nelson Marques wrote:
> Adam,
>
> Don't really know if this suits your needs, but feel free to check this
> out (re-made from a previous document from John Spevack):
>
> http://nmarques.fedorapeople.org/fedora/QA/fedora-qa.odt
> http://nmarques.fedorapeople.org/fedora/QA/fedora-qa.pdf
>
> The ODT is editable so any changes can be done. Please inform me if
> that's what you had in mind or of any eventual changes you want made. I
> can make those available in Portuguese as well, but it seems redundant
> to me. I believe they can also be used for later events with minor
> edits.

These are great! I'm not sure how much immediate interest we'll be able
to drum up for the rest of F13's test days, but this might make a good
handout for, say, F13 release parties to call attention to test days and
ways new users can provide feedback and bug reports.

So of course I made a wiki page. It's linked to from
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Projects, and the stub is here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Team_event_brochures

(It could also be generalized to other team sprints - upcoming Fedora
sprints and FADs that new community members can look forward to
participating in.)

--Mel

Old 04-29-2010, 04:21 AM
wonderer

Am 29.04.2010 04:54, schrieb Mel Chua:
> On 04/28/2010 04:17 AM, Nelson Marques wrote:
>
>> Adam,
>>
>> Don't really know if this suits your needs, but feel free to check this
>> out (re-made from a previous document from John Spevack):
>>
>> http://nmarques.fedorapeople.org/fedora/QA/fedora-qa.odt
>> http://nmarques.fedorapeople.org/fedora/QA/fedora-qa.pdf

Looks good so far. But maybe you want to look over the colors they seem
to be not accurate.
> These are great! I'm not sure how much immediate interest we'll be able
> to drum up for the rest of F13's test days, but this might make a good
> handout for, say, F13 release parties to call attention to test days and
> ways new users can provide feedback and bug reports.

Indeed. Therefore the Timeline for the whole Testdays could be pasted
in. That would maybe look great and gives a good overview.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer@fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6 3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0