Old 04-28-2010, 12:47 AM
Adam Williamson

Default Test Day promotion help

Hi, marketing folks!

We (QA) have the final two Fedora 13 cycle Test Days coming up at the
end of this week, and we've been struggling for attendance for all but
the X test days lately, so we'd appreciate any muscle / bright ideas
Marketing has to broaden the reach and get more people out testing

The events are:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-04-29_Preupgrade
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:XFCE_F13_20100430

that's the Preupgrade Test Day on Thursday, and an Xfce Test Day on
Friday. Preupgrade is the recommended method for upgrading between
Fedora releases, so there should be lots of people interested in that,
and Xfce is a popular alternative desktop.

Anything you can do to help promote these events would be hugely
appreciated!

I've written a blog post about these events:

http://www.happyassassin.net/2010/04/27/incoming-test-days-preupgrade-and-xfce/

please feel free to take information or wording from the post if you
find it useful, or ignore it completely and write your own stuff -
whatever you like! And if you have an idea to promote the event but
can't do it yourself please pass the idea on. Thanks everyone!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey