FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Marketing

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Mel Chua
 
Default Moblin spin website: things needed for completion

Hi! We're sprinting (as you may have noticed) on the spin pages for the
F13 release. Will be addressing each spin page separately - right now,
this email is about the Moblin spin. Sending to Websites list, current
spin owners, and Marketing (for a content sanity check).

The status of this list will be changing rapidly in the next 35 minutes.
Will update when current sprint is done.

--Mel

== blocking ==

* Download: Make sure download links point to the correct image.

* Content: Front page needs to be fixed to not refer to education.

* Screenshots: taken, need to be uploaded into design

* Design: need all banners for this spin made, as per
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spin_webpage_creation_SOP#Create_the_images

* CSS: the "support" tab is dropped below the other tabs; need to fix
alignment.

* Website linked from main spins.fp.o page: not yet (only when all other
blockers are cleared)

== non-blocking ==

* About tab: good content. probacould have more screenshots if someone
wants to improve upon this, but totally not mandatory.

* How To Help: How can people participate? Is this evident from
somewhere on the spins page? (note: we may want to consider adding a
"Participate!" or "Want to help?" tab to the design, but that's a convo
for later)

== done ==

* Support tab: points to all the right places for the mini group

* Website exists: yes, http://spins.fedoraproject.org/moblin/
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 04-28-2010, 06:52 AM
Peter Robinson
 
Default Moblin spin website: things needed for completion

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your help on this. I've attached an updated file and
updated inline below. I've requested access to the web group so I can
push updates to this myself going forward.

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Mel Chua <mel@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi! We're sprinting (as you may have noticed) on the spin pages for the F13
> release. Will be addressing each spin page separately - right now, this
> email is about the Moblin spin. Sending to Websites list, current spin
> owners, and Marketing (for a content sanity check).
>
> The status of this list will be changing rapidly in the next 35 minutes.
> Will update when current sprint is done.
>
> --Mel
>
> == blocking ==
>
> * Download: Make sure download links point to the correct image.

Comparing with the XFCE spin I'm not sure how to add the big download
on the right side and also the default 32/64 bit options that appear
on the other spins. I presume its some sort of template. Any pointers
here would be great.

> * Content: Front page needs to be fixed to not refer to education.

Fixed in attached.

> * Screenshots: taken, need to be uploaded into design
>
> * Design: need all banners for this spin made, as per
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spin_webpage_creation_SOP#Create_the_images

I'm not sure if this is for me, if it is I could do with some help as
my artistic flair is non existent :-)

> * CSS: the "support" tab is dropped below the other tabs; need to fix
> alignment.

I think I've fixed this.

> * Website linked from main spins.fp.o page: not yet (only when all other
> blockers are cleared)
>
> == non-blocking ==
>
> * About tab: good content. probacould have more screenshots if someone wants
> to improve upon this, but totally not mandatory.

I've updated this, I'll try and get another screen shot.

> * How To Help: How can people participate? Is this evident from somewhere on
> the spins page? (note: we may want to consider adding a "Participate!" or
> "Want to help?" tab to the design, but that's a convo for later)

I've added some details of the Fedora Mini SIG to the about page. I
plan on updating the SIG page next week when I get a little more time
to breathe.

> == done ==
>
> * Support tab: points to all the right places for the mini group
>
> * Website exists: yes, http://spins.fedoraproject.org/moblin/

Let me know what I've missed :-)

Peter
Title: ${_('About Spin: Moblin')}







${_('Home')}

${_('About Moblin ™')}

${_('Downloads')}

${_('Support')}










${_('The future of the mobile internet.')}


${_('The Fedora Moblin Spin is a Fedora based operating system designed for the mobile user in mind. We started with the Moblin ™, User Interface which built on the GNOME Mobile platform. Its a perfect fit for NetBooks.')}

${_('The result is an integrated software experience designed for use on multiple platforms, including netbooks and nettops. Its designed from the ground up for the social person with full UX integration into Twitter, Identica and numerous other social networks, integrated instant messaging including Jabber and numerous other IM networks. It had excellent media viewing for all your photos, videos and music as well as calendaring and email so you won't miss another event.')}

${_('Try the future of the mobile internet today. Learn more.')}



${_('Click
image to enlarge')}





${_('About Moblin ™')}


${_('The Moblin Architecture is designed to support multiple
platforms and usage models ranging from Netbooks and Nettops to Mobile
Internet Devices (MID) and various embedded usage models, such as In
Vehicle Infotainment systems. This release supports Netbooks and Nettops')}



${_('The central piece of the architecture is the common layer
called "Moblin Core". Moblin Core is built on the GNOME Mobile platform,
extending and enriching it with new technologies like Clutter, GUPnP, gstreamer, telepathy
and mojito. The Moblin Core User Experience is the core environment that sits of
top of Fedora, and above the Moblin Core are the specific user
interface and user interaction model for the target device(s).')}



${_('The Fedora Moblin spin is part of Fedora Mini Special Interest Group (SIG). To get involved in Fedora Moblin and other parts of the Fedora Mini SIG you can find out more details here. ')}





${_('Downloads')}



${_('Support')}









${_('Moblin')}
${_('Screenshot')}

${_('Screenshot of the
Moblin desktop')}





--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 04-28-2010, 06:58 AM
Peter Robinson
 
Default Moblin spin website: things needed for completion

Hi Mel,

Me again. I've also added stuff for moblin trademarks that we need but
it would be worth double checking with Paul, as I've discussed this
with him, that I've got it right.

Peter

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mel,
>
> Thanks for your help on this. I've attached an updated file and
> updated inline below. I've requested access to the web group so I can
> push updates to this myself going forward.
>
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Mel Chua <mel@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi! We're sprinting (as you may have noticed) on the spin pages for the F13
>> release. Will be addressing each spin page separately - right now, this
>> email is about the Moblin spin. Sending to Websites list, current spin
>> owners, and Marketing (for a content sanity check).
>>
>> The status of this list will be changing rapidly in the next 35 minutes.
>> Will update when current sprint is done.
>>
>> --Mel
>>
>> == blocking ==
>>
>> * Download: Make sure download links point to the correct image.
>
> Comparing with the XFCE spin I'm not sure how to add the big download
> on the right side and also the default 32/64 bit options that appear
> on the other spins. I presume its some sort of template. Any pointers
> here would be great.
>
>> * Content: Front page needs to be fixed to not refer to education.
>
> Fixed in attached.
>
>> * Screenshots: taken, need to be uploaded into design
>>
>> * Design: need all banners for this spin made, as per
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spin_webpage_creation_SOP#Create_the_images
>
> I'm not sure if this is for me, if it is I could do with some help as
> my artistic flair is non existent :-)
>
>> * CSS: the "support" tab is dropped below the other tabs; need to fix
>> alignment.
>
> I think I've fixed this.
>
>> * Website linked from main spins.fp.o page: not yet (only when all other
>> blockers are cleared)
>>
>> == non-blocking ==
>>
>> * About tab: good content. probacould have more screenshots if someone wants
>> to improve upon this, but totally not mandatory.
>
> I've updated this, I'll try and get another screen shot.
>
>> * How To Help: How can people participate? Is this evident from somewhere on
>> the spins page? (note: we may want to consider adding a "Participate!" or
>> "Want to help?" tab to the design, but that's a convo for later)
>
> I've added some details of the Fedora Mini SIG to the about page. I
> plan on updating the SIG page next week when I get a little more time
> to breathe.
>
>> == done ==
>>
>> * Support tab: points to all the right places for the mini group
>>
>> * Website exists: yes, http://spins.fedoraproject.org/moblin/
>
> Let me know what I've missed :-)
>
> Peter
>
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:11 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org