Old 04-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Robyn Bergeron

Default F13 one page release notes - feedback / suggestions for sprinting

Hi all,

I'd love to be around during Allegheny student-time today but it
conflicts with my daughter's $dayjob (elementary school student, lol).

Here are a few suggestions for the One Page Release Notes:

* Under "how to get started" - maybe we could add something about a
USB key? I think this is particularly useful for those who are running
netbooks and such that don't -have- CD drives. Also - it's a really
cool feature!

* Under color management - where there is a comment about vagueness -
one thing that really resonates and is easy to understand is the idea
that things will print out with the colors you intended.

* Under easy print - the part about nvidia video cards can go, it's
being covered in Video drivers.

* I would love to see more about the Fedora Community being
highlighted - I think a great thing to do in the "Help make fedora"
section would be to talk a bit about the "Friends" Foundation, and
make sure that "Foundation" links back to the Foundations wiki page.
I think the four F's really click with poeple and we should take time
to try and introduce at least one - if not touch somehow on ALL of
them - in the one page release notes. Even if it's not being
described, necessarily - talking about Freedom, Friends, Features,
First - having each of those words throughout the document -
emphasizes the things we believe in.

* Expanding content just a bit under system administrators and
developers - I'd suggest content ideas here, but I'm out of time!

-Robyn

Old 04-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Mel Chua

I just took a pass and left pointers to what needs to be finished at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_one_page_release_notes. I haven't
gone through Robyn's suggestions yet, but anyone who wants to hack on
one-page release notes should start with those, and then look at the
comments inline on the page.

There are a number of screenshot tasks that may make good 5-minute
contributions for people looking for a quick way to help out; for the
graphically inclined, we also need an F13 banner (see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F12-releasenotes-banner.png, except
for "f13" "goddard" and "rock it.")

I'll be back to revisit one-page release notes later in the day, likely
after our marketing meeting - off to do spin pages stuff now, but this
is where we stand.

--Mel