Old 04-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Alexandros Karagiannakis

Default Self-Introduction: Alexandros Karagiannakis

Hi,┬* my name is┬* Alexandros Karagiannakis┬* and I live in Athens, Greece. My Fedora Account System (FAS) username is alekaragiannakis, and my IRC nick is also alekaragiannakis.┬*

I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through the Greek Fedora Ambassadors Pierros Papadeas and Konstantinos Antonakoglou and am interested in joining because I'm studying Business Administration so i'm familiar with the subject and i really want to start contributing to Fedora community. Also I've been a Fedora user for years and i've been experienced of a few open source events and conferences here in Greece.

This is the first FOSS and Marketing project I have worked on!

My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing, include:

Marketing Skills: My studies on Business Administration which include Marketing, Management and Financial literacy.

Other Skills: ╬Ľase of socialization and social contacts in general, persuasion and devotion, things I deem important for the promotion of the product and the ideas of the fedora community.

I'd also like to learn through my involvement with the community, like learning about
areas that interest me and would like to work on, such as programming, in
which my knowledge is not developed.

When I'm not working on Fedora, I am studying at the Technological Educational Institute of Larissa in Greece.

A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project are to
help promote Fedora in Greece in cooperation with the Greek Fedora
community, and also to help develop the local community through
educating the public about Fedora. I would also like to see innovations and the expansion of marketing to happen in Fedora.

I am wondering about new ways of promoting Fedora.

Please help me get started!

Alexandros Karagiannakis.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Pierros Papadeas

2010/4/26 Alexandros Karagiannakis <alexandrinho.k@gmail.com>:
> Hi,┬* my name is┬* Alexandros Karagiannakis┬* and I live in Athens, Greece. My
> Fedora Account System (FAS) username is alekaragiannakis, and my IRC nick is
> also alekaragiannakis.
>
> I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through the Greek Fedora
> Ambassadors Pierros Papadeas and Konstantinos Antonakoglou and am interested
> in joining because I'm studying Business Administration so i'm familiar with
> the subject and i really want to start contributing to Fedora community.
> Also I've been a Fedora user for years and i've been experienced of a few
> open source events and conferences here in Greece.
>
> This is the first FOSS and Marketing project I have worked on!
>
> My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing, include:
>
> Marketing Skills: My studies on Business Administration which include
> Marketing, Management and Financial literacy.
>
> Other Skills: ╬Ľase of socialization and social contacts in general,
> persuasion and devotion, things I deem important for the promotion of the
> product and the ideas of the fedora community.
>
> I'd also like to learn through my involvement with the community, like
> learning about areas that interest me and would like to work on, such as
> programming, in which my knowledge is not developed.
>
> When I'm not working on Fedora, I am studying at the Technological
> Educational Institute of Larissa in Greece.
>
> A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project are to help promote Fedora
> in Greece in cooperation with the Greek Fedora community, and also to help
> develop the local community through educating the public about Fedora. I
> would also like to see innovations and the expansion of marketing to happen
> in Fedora.
>
> I am wondering about new ways of promoting Fedora.
>
> Please help me get started!
>
> Alexandros Karagiannakis.

Hi Alex!

I want everyone to know that Alex has been a valuable Fedora
Enthusiast during many past events in Greece and I am very happy that
he decided to join the Marketing Team

I am sure he has many things to give to the Marketing Team and Greek
team and I can't wait for his contributions!

Welcome aboard Alex! It is nice to have you here!

~¤Ç

--
Pierros Papadeas
PGP key: 0x6130DBF8

Old 04-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Mel Chua

On 04/26/2010 05:05 PM, Pierros Papadeas wrote:
> 2010/4/26 Alexandros Karagiannakis<alexandrinho.k@gmail.com>:
>> Hi, my name is Alexandros Karagiannakis and I live in Athens, Greece. My
>> Fedora Account System (FAS) username is alekaragiannakis, and my IRC nick is
>> also alekaragiannakis.

Welcome, Alex! Apologies for the belated reply. I see that Robyn's
already sponsored you for the Marketing FAS group, so you're all set -
have you found a project to get started with in Marketing yet?

One thing we need to be thinking a lot about in the next few weeks is
what our outreach strategy is going to be for international press - what
materials do we need to get translated and into the hands of local
ambassadors, and how will that happen? What journalists should we talk
to in which regions, and who can step up to contact them?

Cheers,

--Mel