Old 04-26-2010, 04:19 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default Feature profiles and press blogs

I wanted to say a quick thank you to the people who have been
preparing feature profiles for pre-Fedora 13 release. Red Hat also
commits some resources to your feature profiles as well. Kara
Schiltz, our Fedora PR person, puts together a press blog entry for
the Red Hat site at www.press.redhat.com, to help drive interest in
these stories. We use those entries, which are seen by many tech
journalists and reporters, to drive attention to the feature profiles
you've created through links and background information.

I also work with Red Hat's Creative team to create a couple of
feature-specific videos each release. The videos cover those features
as well, helping to achieve our goal of "simplify and amplify" (to
quote Greg DeKoenigsberg).

We do several of these per cycle -- we've completed one
(NetworkManager, thanks Nelson!) already. A Python feature is set to
premiere tomorrow (thanks Mel and Allegheny students!), along with a
video in the press blog entry, and it will be followed next week by
one on Desktop hardware enablements (thanks Robyn!).

This reinforcement strategy has been fairly successful based on the
information Red Hat generates internally about web traffic. In the
future we could use a platform like Insight to create additional
media, even when we can't lean on Red Hat resources as heavily as we
can around release time, and the Marketing team could then use the web
traffic information to inform strategy.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Nelson Marques

I am looking for RPM 4.8. Should be accomplished soon, I have a couple
of projects that are almost giving me no rest with research for the
university, but within the next 2 weeks should be accomplished.

The SWOT has been nearly forgotten, but I'm placing a priority on it
soon (within a fortnight).

nelson.

--
Nelson Marques
Evil Clown (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/evilclown.htm)

Old 04-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Kara Schiltz

Hello all,

The Python feature blog and video are available here:
http://press.redhat.com/2010/04/27/fedora-13-spotlight-feature-exploring-new-frontiers-of-python-development/

Thanks,
Kara