Old 04-26-2010, 06:17 AM
Mel Chua

Default SoaS spin page content: can haz halp?

On 04/26/2010 01:54 AM, Mel Chua wrote:
> I'm struggling with the content for the SoaS page (spin webpage). Here's
> what we've got so far. I think it's better than what it was before, but
> it still feels... not quite there.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Sugar_on_a_Stick#Spins_Page

I also tried my hand at putting what we have so far into the HTML
template, just to see what it would look like:
http://mchua.fedorapeople.org/spins/soas_spinpage.html

It probably doesn't make sense to do this again until the content is
finalized though.

--Mel

Old 04-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Peter Robinson

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 6:54 AM, Mel Chua <mel@redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm struggling with the content for the SoaS page (spin webpage). Here's
> what we've got so far. I think it's better than what it was before, but
> it still feels... not quite there.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Sugar_on_a_Stick#Spins_Page
>
> Goals for the page - as a result of seeing this webpage, viewers should:
>
> * Know what SoaS is
> * Know our target audience (so they'll either go "yay, that's me!" and
> try it out / join the community, or go "oh, I know someone like that"
> and tell their friends).
> * Want to try SoaS (high viewer --> user conversion rate)
> * Know how to become contributors to SoaS (high user --> contributor
> conversion rate)
>
> Halp?
>
> Allegheny SoaS team, I know you've had some good thoughts (and have a
> nice interview with a teacher somewhere), but I haven't seen nor heard
> any of them... where should I be looking?
>
> We are following the instructions at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spin_webpage_creation_SOP, and ultimately
> want to end up with a page on http://spins.fedoraproject.org/ similar to
> http://spins.fedoraproject.org/kde (but for SoaS).

Hi Mel,

Thanks for doing this! The SOAS and Moblin Spin pages are on my todo
list for this week. So I'll work with Sebastian to get this done. The
Sugar teams might have some input and suggestions as well.

Regards,
Peter